Domestic Cleaner (16-24 Year Olds)
Role Name: Domestic/Commercial Cleaner
- Aged 23+: £8.91/hour
- Aged 21-22: £8.36/hour
- Aged 18-20: £6.56/hour
- Aged 16-18: £4.62/hour
Eligibility: This role is open to anyone aged 16-24 who is unemployed and on Universal Credit. If you are unemployed and are in the process or are willing to sign up for universal credit you are welcome to apply.
Location: You will be expected to work around London in residential and commercial settings. Transport costs will be covered for locations far from your home.
Health and Safety: All staff will be provided with full PPE protection and will be expected to take Covid-19 test once a week if possible to ensure that they remain safe as well as our customers.
We are looking to employ 25 residential and commercial cleaners. Your tasks will involve:
- Hoovering and mopping floors
- Washing Dishes
- Cleaning and organising rooms
- Dusting and wiping surfaces
- Washing and drying clothes
- Any other cleaning tasks as required and if it is safe to do so
- Providing cleaning and sanitization services to residential and commercial venues
- Maintaining professional standards
- Responsible for managing their schedule and job
- Providing essential support to people to stay clean and safe helping to prevent the spread of Covid-19
All staff are expected to maintain excellent customer service and remain polite at all times.
No qualifications or experience are required for this role as full training will be provided.
Cleaning Team Members will work closely with the company managers to get one2one training on:
o 1 Week onsite training with experienced cleaning officers
o Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Knowledge
o Risk assessment training
On top of the specific training based on their roles, all the employees will get access to the below:
- Induction week which will include general training, role-specific training and support with ensuring that employees are able to travel to work
- Regular line management meetings with the company manager, assistant manager and trainee manager. They will discuss how the role is going and any other support they require. Pastoral care will be a top priority for their line managers.
- Personal development plan created in management meetings
- Monthly/Fortnightly Training sessions run on:
o Time management
o Communication Skills
o Teamwork and leadership
o Cover Letter and CV Writing
o Job search and where to look
o Job Application Forms
o Interview Skills
o Business Start-up, Business Plan and Fundraising
- Training on using Bright HR software
- Access and having to use the Bright HR software during their employment with us. Bright HR will allow the employee to manage their attendance, timekeeping and allow online communication between the employer and employee
- The company manager and deputy manager will be responsible for working with the employees to create or enhance their CVs, look and apply for jobs and work on their interview skills.
- Help identify suitable jobs with employees to help support them secure a job after their 6 months with us are over
Reference ID: 002
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £4.62-£8.91 per hour
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Cleaning tasks will be at residential and commercial locations. Full PPE will be provided to ensure all staff remain safe.