Ecommerce Operations Assistant Manager (maternity cover)
The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
Your role in a nutshell
Performing a critical role in the management of the UK website, working alongside the UK Operations lead you will be responsible for the day to day updates and the localisation of digital content and assets. You will drive the global digital PR strategy and work with key stakeholders in the digital and marketing teams to support in delivering a step-change in conversion performance through optimising of site functionality, testing and personalisation. The role can be based in either our Littlehampton or London Bridge offices.
More about the role
- Lead the planning and activation of updating the UK website with all event and promotional changes. Contributing to the upkeep of hygiene content to drive an engaging and efficient customer experience across the site.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the global Digital PR strategy, aligning with market, global and agency teams.
- Own the localisation of global assets and landing pages for UK website and work with the digital content team to feed back results and insights.
- Collaborate with T&M, marketing and CRM teams to optimise website journeys. Continually looking for ways to improve the customer journey and the conversion rate of the website.
- Support the UK Operations lead to deliver the personalisation roadmap. Executing the multi-variate testing plan to drive site conversion and user experience including any amends to creative.
- Supporting day to day website updates including terms and conditions for website usage, competitions and events, the online customer care portal and chat functionality, and website store finder & individual store pages.
- Be a global superuser of Amplience, & Commerce, supporting with UAT CI requests and DST bug fixes and be able to escalate on site issues.
- Regularly support with analysis of onsite activities using insights tools such as Content Square & Google Analytics.
- Work closely on a variety of ecommerce projects to drive a step-change conversion performance and increase new customer acquisition.
- Implement SEO recommendations and testing, working alongside the SEO team & agency.
What we look for
- Proven experience of working within a similar role in an E-commerce environment
- A proven track record of creating and implementing highly successful web content and using a CMS platform.
- Comfortable managing multiple partners and working with a variety of personalities
- Strong MS Excel skills and capable of reporting and forecasting
- The candidate has to have a strong commercial awareness and be very results driven
- Ability to be hands on and enthusiastic about all projects
- Analysis, using web analytics packages, to be a problem solver
- Enhancing website conversion in accordance with usability best practice
- Conducting online competitor analysis and research
- Strong presentations skills