EMEA CIB Ops Product & Strategic Delivery
Wells Fargo London 2 months ago
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
The individual will provide support to the EMEA Head of Product & Strategic Delivery which supports the following functions: Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), Client On-boarding and Static Data, Capital Markets Middle Office (includes rates and credit derivatives and FX, plus cash hedging products); Transaction Reporting, CASS Quality Assurance Team, CF10a role, Regulatory Operations and Paris Operations.
The individual will work collaboratively with the Operations leadership team, the Front Office trading and sales both in region and back in the States, Compliance, Audit, Finance, Legal, Technology, Operations Risk and all other related support functions within a global capital markets business.
The individual will act as a Chief of Staff/ Business Manager, plans and directs administrative, financials, and operational activities for the EMEA WFS Operations organisation. Generally works behind the scenes to solve problems and deal with issues before they are brought to the Head of EMEA WFS Operations
Organises and prioritises required information with regards to EMEA WFS Operations to facilitate efficient decision making and demonstrates collaborative and thought leadership.
The individual will work with all Operations team members, including leadership, to identify AND assist in resolution of systemic or systematic risks within the teams and validate results
Market Skills and Certifications
Possess a proven ability to work in creating efficient and effective processes and controls with a goal to minimize systemic and systematic risks.
The individual will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills
- People development
- Exceptional communication skills and business writing skills including the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- The ability to rally a matrixed team and peers to capture required information in sometime aggressive deadlines
- Strategic thinker and can identify the big picture
- Excellent attention to detail
- Operational relationship management with strategic partners/vendors
- Assist WFS Operations in creating a culture of timely and transparent escalation and communication
- Leadership for related projects and remediation work
- Design and implement operating model changes and be responsible for a robust control environment
- Provide internal counsel to ensure sound processes and controls while offering commercial solutions to the Operations Teams as a whole
- Influence strategic process, individuals and platform decisions, Metrics (KRl's) reporting for management
- Have an excellent knowledge of Capital Markets products and related experience in both a derivatives and cash products
- A good understanding how to support all functions in EMEA WFS Operations Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), Client On-boarding and Static Data, Capital Markets Middle Office (includes rates and credit derivatives and FX, plus cash hedging products); Transaction Reporting, CASS Quality Assurance Team, CF10a role, Regulatory Operations and Paris Operations
- Excellent working knowledge of understanding KRl's, BSA's and related risks
- Familiarity with the current regulatory environment and with any pending or proposed changes (Dodd Frank, Volker, EMIR, MIFID, etc.)
- Familiarity with ISDA/CSA documentation
- Have good Industry relationships (e.g. broker/dealer community, CCP's, and asset class specific boards and working groups)
- Ability to escalate in a timely manner
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while thinking "outside the box"
- Very organized and ability to prioritize workload
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and on project work
- Results driven
- Commitment and loyalty to the WFC brand
- Desire to take on responsibility
- Confidence to deal with both external and internal clients, regulators and vendors
- Proven/demonstrated Leadership and Management capabilities
- Ability to influence and effect and adapt to change
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.