EMEA Compensation Manager (Operations & Technology)
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Provide a comprehensive Compensation service within Operations & Technology.
Work closely with country/cluster, regional and global partners to meet business needs, the role will be a focal point for championing best practices across both Operations & Technology and EMEA countries. High volumes of interactions with senior function heads on a regular basis
Citi Compensation team is part of the Global Rewards – EMEA function.
This individual will report to EMEA Compensation Lead for Global Functions and O&T and will work in partnership with other team members as required.
- Europe, Middle East and Africa is a diverse region for Citi, this role provides technical, analytical and compliance support, as well as advice to the businesses, working closely through the respective country HR teams and the regional HR team;
- The reach of the role is extensive, both in terms of geographies and businesses covered, and continued analysis is needed to ensure continuous understanding of the risks and opportunities across the region and the development of appropriate solutions.
- Support assigned businesses, HR Partners and Compensation Lead through compensation processes. Provide guidance and advice to HR Advisors and line managers for business areas supported. This includes presenting back to Business HR heads regularly, presenting on team wide calls
- Provide Compensation advisory support and compensation oversight.
- Work closely with the Global Compensation team in New York/Tampa to develop and ensure compliance with global compensation guidelines.
- Provide support to the EMEA Compensation Lead.
- Partner with the Compensation Leads on key compensation initiatives across EMEA including leading and managing cross team projects
- Partner with other Global Rewards teams such as Remuneration Regulatory and Deferred Compensation teams on key initiatives, year end activities and day to day activities.
- Manage all compensation activities for the business, for example:
- Co-ordinate all year end and mid year comp activities.
- Analyse all market data and provide relevant advice to the HR Partners and business.
- Ensure all compensation systems are maintained with accurate compensation data (Workday, CitiComp, etc).
- Track any committed compensation arrangements for new hire or existing employees (guarantees, indicatives, retention awards, etc) to ensure correct funding and payment.
- Provide ad hoc management information reports on compensation issues as requested and advice on compensation matters to line managers.
- Manage the Baseline accrual process to ensure that bonus pools are correctly accrued /funded for year end.
- Provide guidance on suitable functional titles in line with the global model.
- Manage the job matching process working with external vendors (McLagan, Towers, Mercer, MGMC etc) where appropriate.
- Present compensation strategies to senior function heads with the ability to carefully articulate change and respond to questions
- Engage in regulatory projects such as Material Risk Taker Identification which includes regular meetings with the business heads to ensure the correct individuals are tagged. Work with the Business and Regulatory compensation to ensure this process is accurately completed
- Strong understanding of deferred compensation plans. Provide high level advice on all deferred compensation plans used by Citi.
- Strong understanding of the current remuneration regulatory environment i.e. CRD5, IAR etc
- Exposure to diverse markets, cultures and businesses across the EMEA region.
- Significant opportunities to interact with and guide HRBPs and Country HR within the region in addition to opportunities to work closely with business partners.
- Significant opportunities to interact with senior management both on a Regional and Global basis.
- Experience of remote management of processes.
- Opportunities to work on complex and varied issues at regional level.
- Significant growth opportunities within Citi for the right candidate.
- Strong experience of working within a Compensation function
- Strong understanding of elements of compensation and the processes used in the firm (base, bonus, stock, cash, special compensation agreements, etc)
- Strong analytical skills including excel modelling
- Strong understanding and experience in applying current EU remuneration regulatory environment specifically CRDV and IAS.
- Strong communications skills to ensure presentations to senior management can be carried out regularly
- Advanced ability to analyse and manipulate large and complex datasets quickly and accurately, sourcing data from several systems.
- Advanced MS office skills (Excel, Access)
- Advanced Peoplesoft/HR database skills – look up, queries (historical data)
- Strong record of achievement and proven success in management of projects involving multiple stakeholders on a regional / global level.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to work successfully both as part of a team and on own initiative as well as the ability to inspire confidence from others.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with the ability to effectively review internal / external advice and to make appropriate recommendations to senior management.
- High level of numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment
- Ability to build strong relationships as a trusted partner and work as part of a senior management team
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change. Able to work in a complex environment with changing priorities
- ‘Process improvement’ mindset to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the services offered
- Resilient under pressure and self-motivated in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Values diversity - demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Job Family:Compensation & Benefits
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting