EMEA DCM Product Controller - Analyst
Product Control are also involved in the monitoring and analysing the trader's activity/ risk positioning and related market events and ensuring P&L and risk is signed off on a timely basis in compliance with appropriate standards
In addition, daily reporting of PL during the month-end cycle is required, along with performance of Income Attributions as per relevant transfer-pricing agreements. With the ever increasing and demanding regulatory environment a Product Controller acts as a primary function to ensure the banks comply/attest to the regulatory requirements on the accuracy and completeness of financial statements.
This role encompasses the function of Debt Capital Markets (DCM) Product Control. As a product controller you will be responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the financial statements for DCM along with the overall governance of the DCM transaction control cycle and assist business in identifying and achieving its objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Excellent partnership skills required with other functions (Business Management, Middle Office, Technology, Front Office and Financial Control etc.) and Product Control peers in other regions
- Strong partnership with the EMEA GIB business and the wider F&BM team providing effective support and control oversight to help maintain a strong control environment and facilitate business growth.
- Key responsibilities include daily P&L and risk reporting, month end close, analysis of revenue drivers, balance sheet movements and linkage of business activity to full financial results.
- Further responsibilities will centre on managing impact to product control of legal entity and regulatory changes for the Capital Markets business, Volcker Reporting requirements, new reporting requirements and tax transfer pricing impacts - this is not an exhaustive list.
- Support of the month-end close process in partnership with the Financial Control team (based in Delaware and Mumbai) through review of the EMEA GIB DCM balance sheet and P&L including associated investigation and resolution of variances and related month end issues.
- They will play a key role in new and ongoing EMEA GIB and finance related projects. Being on top of the technology agenda book of work and increasing the regional involvement in global initiatives. This would involve aspects of the future operating and business model such as enhancements to the General Ledger, Client Billing and P&L Aggregator Systems.
- Challenge existing control operating model and identification of control issues/risks resulting in increased efficiency and implementation of effective control processes.
- Participate in Internal Audit and/or Risk driven product reviews and products deep dives. Also a key participant in new product approvals (NBIA's) from a Finance Control perspective.
- Ensure rigorous compliance with control policies, standards and procedures - e.g. Corporate Accounting Policies, P&L and Risk minimum standards (Risk & P&L sign-off and comprehensive P&L explain), Product Control accountability standards, Income attribution (GMRA) and SAPCo (GMSA) compliance and Volcker compliance.
- This is a good opportunity for an analyst looking for their next challenge with the potential for further responsibility in the fullness of time
- Part/Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with strong accounting and double entry skills who can comfortably navigate their way around a product P&L and balance sheet with relative ease.
- Proven skills and results in identifying and resolving control and risk management issues that may impact financial results
- Knowledge of DCM products advantageous but not essential, but they must have sound commercial acumen and financial services industry awareness and product knowledge across a number of asset classes.
- Candidate must be a confident communicator (verbal, written and listening) who is used to dealing with numerous partners / stakeholders, works well under pressure, priortises and manages time well and manages expectations and anticipate needs appropriately in an environment that can change quickly so they also need to be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Strong control mindset, with an attention to detail who can challenge the status quo, set the agenda, generates ideas and solutions to problems, embraces change and drives it through to completion
- Ideally candidate is a proven product controller who can bring knowledge and experience to the wider team along with a track record of execution on finance and business deliverables
- Ability to influence and direct the activities of resources outside of direct control
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team-building skills. Ability to manage several projects and tasks concurrently
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and committed individual
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.