EMEA Securities Head and Global Custody, Securities Lending & Asset & Wealth Management Network Line of Business Head
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
Network Management is a central function within the CIB Digital & Platform Services organization responsible for managing the J.P. Morgan's Lines of Business ("LOBs") relationships with their network of local market participants and market infrastructures. These critical providers include Financial Market Infrastructures ("FMIs") (payment systems, central counterparties (CCPs), and check clearing systems) and Agent Banks (subcustodians, cash correspondents, partners, and clearing banks).
With over 190 resources, the Network Management team is primarily located in London, Bournemouth, New York, Tampa, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mumbai to provide coverage of markets and selected clients. While the group resides within the CIB, it supports all J.P. Morgan's lines of business including Corporate & Investment Bank (Global Markets; Securities Services; Wholesale Payments), Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Bank and Consumer & Community Banking.
The EMEA Securities Regional Head is accountable for two core activities. Primarily, the incumbent leads a team conducting ongoing regulatory and operational performance oversight of a portfolio of Agent Bank providers. They lead the partnership with key regional stakeholders in the Business, Operations, Compliance, Risk, Legal and the network of agent banks. Secondly, the EMEA Regional Head manages internal LOB relationships - Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management, connecting each business to its markets and providers. This includes deep stakeholder engagement within each business at a senior level to champion business needs, act as a central point of contact and advise the business about market standards, changes and trends. This role requires both a risk and controls and relationship management mind-set.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The EMEA Regional Head is accountable for managing a team as well as the Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management face-offs, specifically:
- Managing the EMEA Securities regional team to ensure they demonstrate a deep understanding of and compliance with Legal and Regulatory requirements for all jurisdictions required.
- Managing one or more externally facing agent bank relationships to support complex cross LOB interests for the firm.
- Ensuring accuracy of the regulatory oversight activities performed by the team and their adherence to policy and procedural deadlines.
- Acting as an escalation to senior management for any issues that might impact the completion of legal and regulatory requirements and formulating remediation plans.
- Representing Network Management during committees and governance forums and accountability for the quality of the materials.
- Reviewing and providing sign-off recommendations on New Business Initiatives (NBIAs), and articulating the associated risks with new/prospective engagements to LOB senior management.
- Managing in region crisis events impacting any LOB and their markets and communicating critical information to senior management.
- Coordinating with other Regional Leads and the Global Heads to ensure a consistent approach is maintained across Network Management and driving best practice and innovation initiatives in partnership with other regional heads.
- Responsible for ensuring the team maintains a culture for partnership, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Developing a deep partnership with the Regulatory & Legal team.
- Serving as a single point of contact for Network Management to Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management
- Develop a deep understanding of the Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management profile, understanding their network and its products.
- Interacting with senior managers in Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management regarding strategic management of the network, relationships and advocacy opportunities.
- Training Network Managers about Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management needs and strategy, building common goals and delivering LOB objectives according to timelines.
- Offering and implementing solutions to address challenges, identifying developing trends across markets to help Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management offer a competitive advantage to its clients.
- Understanding, articulating, and influencing strategic spend management and service delivery outcomes to senior managers in Network and to Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management.
- Measuring feedback/satisfaction from Global Custody, Securities Lending and Asset and Wealth Management against Network Management's performance and being responsible for YOY improvement.
- Financial Services expertise with significant relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrative leadership experience working with agent banks or non-bank financial institutions preferred.
- Strong experience with Third Party Oversight, risk, control and regulatory management.
- Ability to focus on details while maintaining a strategic point of view.
- Ability to balance multiple deliverables across various stakeholders and communicate priorities to the team.
- Demonstrated relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills across senior stakeholder groups.
- Deep knowledge of Custody products and services and Asset and Wealth Management businesses
- Strong understanding of CIB related businesses
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work across the global Network Management team and continually deliver value.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.