Site Surveyor Enabling Works
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit Enabler to work on our Agility Alliance Thames Water Infrastructure contract in North London.
As an Enabler, you will be part of our Repair and Maintenance Team who are responsible for helping plan and ensure the vital leakage repair and maintenance works are carried out for Thames Water across North London.
The Agility Alliance is an equal share joint venture between J Murphy & Sons and Morrison Utility Services which started 2014/2015. It is part of the Thames Water Infrastructure Alliance and is responsible for working on the Thames Clean Water Network, across the entire Thames Water delivery region.
As an Enabler your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Establish the full extent of the task and judge the correct approach to including PBS, local amenities, schools, hospitals etc. and local restrictions
- Establish what if any formal traffic management may be required so that Repair Teams and subsequent services can complete their works safely e.g. road closure, diversion routes, sufficient parking and space for safe excavation
- Request and verify traffic management plans once received back from CAD drawer
- Liaise with relevant parties as necessary to enable teams to carry out the jobs
- Visit a variety of locations to survey tasks in readiness for the Dig Teams to begin their work and to establish the extent of task impact on the highway, local residents and amenities
- Assist in removing obstructions which may delay Repair Teams from setting out traffic management and starting dig
- Letter drop required properties as pre warn of impending works
- Manage daily workload to ensure that tasks are prioritised depending on event and current focus
- Attend site meetings as required
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Manual Handling
- Thames Water Passport – provided with Induction
- Full valid driving licence
- Experience of dealing with all local authorities including councils and TFL
- Ability to read maps and find locations
- Traffic surveying skills to assess the impact of tasks on highways
- Excellent organisational skills
- High attention to detail and degree of accuracy
- Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-sufficient and confident to make decisions within the boundaries of the role
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care