Equities Business Control Manager- Vice President
The BCM's objective is to help the business manage its regulatory obligations, conduct and operational risk and supervisory requirements. Specifically, the BCM team manages various aspects of the end to end control environment spanning business execution, credit risk, market risk, model risk valuation controls, operations and finance. BCM's mandate is a key role for the business in the increasingly complex and demanding global regulatory environment.
The Global Equities Trading BCM team is part of a wider Markets BCM team which reports into the Markets BCM. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor on regulatory, operational risk and control matters.
Duties of this role include:
- Serving as trusted control advisor to the Front Office including prepping it for examinations and audits
- In conjunction with legal, compliance and other functions, representing Front Office interests vis a vis control/regulatory initiatives
- Execution and implementation of business controls , risk governance and reporting priorities and strategy
- Control representative in control fora
- Identification, documentation and remediation of control gaps, risk assessment and root cause issue analysis
- In connection with all activities, improvement of the "user experience" for all stakeholders and partners, i.e., focus in enhancing transparency, efficiency and simplicity of control processes
- Front Office supervision management and execution
o Front office supervisory tool development
o Front Office supervision and oversight including exception management
o Supervisory attestations
o Policy development, review and implementation
o Operating procedures documentation and implementation
o Pre trade, and in certain cases, post trade surveillance
The Role requires establishment of strong relationships with the Front Office and a deep understanding of the business, its control challenges, its architecture and products. The candidate should be interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives and becoming involved in a diverse set of issues that will have a direct impact on the organization.
- University degree
- Previous experience in a middle office, trading, audit, technology, business management, operations, operational risk or compliance function
- Understanding of Equities products and markets
- Understanding of the end to end product life cycle for Equities
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership
- Strong organizational skills - manages and prioritizes multiple tasks across different time horizons within deadlines
- Strong understanding of controls and their application to different processes and businesses
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process re-engineering skills
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with excellent partnering and influencing skillsJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.