ETF Pricing Developer (Python) - London
Hudson River Trading is hiring an ETF Pricing Developer for its London office.
As an ETF Pricing Developer, you will cover global trading groups and have a unique opportunity to be exposed to the inner workings of automated trading across multiple asset classes and geographies. We are looking for individuals who love being challenged, like to code, have no interest in corporate ladders, and want to make an immediate and tangible impact.
The right candidate will be an enthusiastic learner with a keen interest in trading, coding, and automation. In addition to spending most of your time coding (primarily Python) and working on technical projects (e.g., automating manual processes to make our team more efficient), you will be exposed to the firm's trading strategies and business operations.
- Maintenance of global ETF pricing models. Porting of existing pricing models to new trading strategies.
- Produce concise statistical analytics. Automate reporting when required.
- Ensure accuracy of external data. Communicate with external data providers when discrepancies are found, and work toward resolution.
- Monitor post-trade performance and trade bookings throughout the entire trade lifecycle.
- Diverse coding projects in a small team environment, that directly lead to production trading. Identifying and implementing improvements to software architecture.
- Experience: 3+ years
- Knowledge of ETFs
- Experience ingesting and/or producing ETF portfolio composition files required.
- Strong Python skills are required. C++ skills are a plus (interest in learning required).
- Strong Linux command line skills.
- Statistical Analysis in Python, pandas, numpy, scipy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- A strong work ethic and desire to see complex projects from concept to completion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work across disciplines, and quickly transition from one project to another.
- We are interested in candidates with STEM degrees for this role. Candidates must have a minimum of a 2:1 degree
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We're a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we're friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer, so whoever you are we'd love to get to know you.