Executive Producer - Mobile
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play —it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Executive Producer \ Senior Producer - Mobile - London/Liverpool/Remote
We're looking for an experienced Executive Producer or very experienced Senior Producer - Mobile who'll report to our Head of External Production. We're picturing someone who has a track record and passion for developing and launching mobile games and knows what is required to make them successful. You will partner with large multi-national mobile Publishers to ensure that the mobile titles that we deliver will have the quality gamers will expect from PlayStation Studios.
You will anchor mobile development communication across PlayStation and help build up mobile capabilities, manage workflow-considerations and risks, and help multiple projects hit development goals. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your CV!
What you'll be doing:
- Identify great development teams with global reach to work on PlayStation mobile titles
- Work with large mobile Publishers to bring numerous titles to market
- Work with global PlayStation studios on designs to adapt their titles to mobile
- Help ensure smooth development processes by making sure development efforts are on point and by acting as a conduit of communication across mobile development.
- Work with executives, directors, and department leads to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Work with leadership within PlayStation Studios and other external partners.
- Work with finance and other partners regarding budget, headcount, and timelines for numerous projects.
- Foster our development culture which provides feedback, support, and empowerment.
- Oversee project schedules, productivity towards milestones, and production pathways. Monitor overall development and budgetary considerations.
- Raise awareness of issues and help remove roadblocks.
- Work with the Production team and department leads, keeping them informed of any issues or needs.
- Identify and help alleviate any discrepancies across production efforts. Keep track of requirements and address red flags.
- Monitor Production's handling of feature requests and feasibility based on overall development needs.
- Combat inertia, be a force to keep moving things forward.
- Evaluate and iterate to improve development processes.
- Provide leadership to Production team with a focus on mentorship and long-term career growth.
- Be a vocal ambassador for the product and team in all scenarios.
What we're looking for:
- Experience as an Executive Producer or Senior Producer seeing multiple mobile games through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
- 8+ years' experience handling negotiations with large mobile publishers and experience as an embedded member within a studio development team would be ideal.
- Experience supervising and developing a team of direct reports.
- Experience with the function and relationship between the different departments of game development.
- Exceptional experience with scheduling and project tracking software (Excel, MS Project, JIRA.)
- Deep knowledge of mobile game development and Games as a Service titles.
- Commitment to knowing everything that's happening with the game, playtesting.
- Familiarity with bug reporting and related software.
- Ability to build partnerships at every level and to foster relationships with large global publishers. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
- Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others' time.
- Intense passion for video games.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.