Executive Search Specialist
-While a primary location has been selected, this opportunity can be performed either in UK, London or in South Africa, Johannesburg.
Come and join us as a Executive Search Specialist (12 month Fixed Term Contract with potential to go permanent).
Executive Recruitment is a newly created global function within the Group Talent & Leadership Development team which supports 'Head of' positions and above recruitment across the Group. We are now building the right team and infrastructure to offer in-house support to our key stakeholders. This will include support and management of all internal recruitment, external recruitment either via direct search or managing suppliers, external pipelining (aligned with broader succession planning agenda) and talent insights/market intelligence.
This position would suit an Executive Business Partner or Lead who has had global exposure to the end to end process of executive recruitment hiring from both corporate and agency environments.
People are our business. You’ll help us find the best.
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives".
-As an In-house Executive Search Specialist within this collaborative and fast paced team you will;
- Provide expert advice to HR and hiring managers regarding all aspects of executive recruitment (attraction & sourcing strategy, outcome management, offer, and pre-hire)
- Create comprehensive candidate pack aligned with the role profile and briefing conversation that support the definition, desired outcomes, critical qualifications, career-pathing, marketing, attraction, and selection of senior-level positions
- Source candidates through referrals, networking, social media, and search research
- Screen and conduct thorough behavior-based interviews with internal and external candidates, providing information on professional background, career progression, alignment to role and organization, compensation, employment restrictions, regulatory licensing, and other required credentials
- Meet the organization’s hiring needs against pre-determined Service Level Agreements including days to fill, search firm utilization versus options, ethnic and gender diversity, offer acceptance ratio, and engagement completion rates
- In collaboration with colleagues, develop the strategic direction of the executive recruiting function
- Identify opportunities to increase recruiting effectiveness through identifying process improvement opportunities and monitoring innovation in the external executive recruiting industry
-Required: An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent)
- Successful track record of in Executive Search within corporate in-house Executive Recruitment team and/or search firm
- Track record in senior search within Oil & Gas, Mining, manufacturing and or similar industrial sectors
- Experience of dealing with Senior Level candidates and hiring managers
- Highly skilled interview and selection capabilities.
- Experience with multi-component compensation programs
- Expertise in dealing with and understanding the inner workings of retained search firms
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information with tact and discretion
-What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process
Advert closing date: 16th April 2021