Finance Consulting - Senior Manager - Government & Health Industries
The right person will have skills in technology-enabled Finance and corporate services transformation covering areas such as Finance, HR, Procurement, IT, with experience of selling and implementing technology-enabled global business services models. Typical technologies are Microsoft Dynamics and Oracle.
We deliver high value solutions, from strategy to execution, solving our clients’ complex business problems through technology enablement. These include:
- Finance and business services operating model transformation (service and interaction models, organisation design process change, shared services, sourcing etc) from strategy and assess through to implementation
- Driving value from technology to enable operating model transformation (Cloud ERP, Robotics Process Automation and AI, EPM, Consolidation and Reporting, Data Models, Priority Based Budgeting) covering all elements from vendor assessment and selection, architecture design through to systems and business integrator implementation.
- Achieving business insight and achieving business growth
- Changing culture in Corporate Services.
This is a Senior Manager level appointment where you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Contribute to the development of your own and the team’s technical acumen
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
You will primarily work on the delivery of client engagements, contributing to and leading change projects, but you will also spend time supporting the development of the team and will be expected to contribution to sales origination.
Essential skills & experience
- Consulting track record (ideally Big 4) with extensive experience & network within the Local Public Services market
- Experience of leading large scale global technology-enabled Finance and wider Corporate Services transformation programmes from assessment and strategy through delivery
- Experience of leading the design and implementation of leading finance technologies (ERP & EPM systems, RPA, AI). Microsoft and Oracle being the preferred ERP technologies.
- Operating model re-design and experience of shared services and outsourcing; Finance Business Partnering.
- Leading and developing teams
- Understanding our clients’ business and showing strong commercial acumen
- A substantive track record of new business sales
- Senior stakeholder management and relationship building
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience of Lean methodologies for process/ cost optimisation
- Experience of developing thought leadership, new methodologies and propositions in this area
- Formal accounting qualification or equivalent understanding of accounting principles and processes.
- Understanding of broader business services office processes and technology, i.e. HR, payroll, procurement, CRM.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.