Gooee is an operating platform that provides lighting manufacturers with a service-driven framework to deliver IoT applications to its customers. The company integrates with an enterprise scale cloud platform to deliver customer-specific commercial, retail, hospitality, and industrial IoT applications, tailored to maximize customer benefits, featuring sensing, control, and communication components.
It offers its users with a wide range of enterprise-grade security solutions such as authentication, encryption, access control, data retention, and infrastructure services. It also offers its users with service and client authentication, passwords, encryption of data, machine isolation and VPC, threat management, fine-gained permissions and provides data centers. Gooee offers applications to its users, including lighting analytics, intelligence building, and beacon management and they are engineered to benefit offices, retail, hospitality, and logistics businesses.
It has been awarded many prizes such as Lux Global Hotlist 2015 and Design Plus Award, Light+Building 2016. The company is at Proof of Value stage with 2 large assets owners who own significant property portfolios, having installed the software into two iconic buildings in London. The intention is to roll out the service in a ‘Subscription as a Service’ model across a number of strategic asset owners who own significant portfolios.
Gooee presently employs 10 staff in the UK (London head office) and 9 in the US (software development). The new investors are seeking management change to ensure the next phase of Gooee will deliver to its potential. The CFO, who has provided services on a contract basis over the past year is in place but operates part time and seeking a hands-on Finance Controller who will be capable of setting up systems, implementing procedures and overseeing compliance and governance. Gooee is now looking to hire a finance controller to lead the operational management of the finances of the company.
Working closely with the current CFO and the executive team, this will be a key appointment within the company and the appointed candidate will be expected to work with a light touch on direction. The successful candidate will ensure a high standard of professional performance throughout the finance function.
Key tasks for the new Finance Controller will initially be to learn the fundamentals of a complex 364 day a year operation as quickly as possible, to understand the primary operational and financial drivers of the company, and to appreciate how the various parts of the business interact.
The aim is then for this person to support the aggressive growth strategy and support cross-border business development and sales.The ideal candidate will have experience as a finance controller ideally with a property related business. Highly analytical, with exceptional communication and influencing skills. Additionally, success gained in new product development and innovation is critical.
Based at the headquarters in High Holborn, London, the Finance Controller will support the business in two key areas (1) driving financial performance improvement (2) ensuring Gooee have the right product at the right cost to suit both the customer and commercial needs.
· Support the CFO to ensure compliance with relevant corporate regulatory requirements including tax and treasury, internal audit and assist with investor relations/financial PR
· Working in collaboration with existing CFO, responsible for preparation of the Interim Results, Interim Management Statements, Preliminary Results and the production of the Annual Report
· Management of cap tables for portfolio companies, investment committee documentation, preparation of board packs and investor presentations
· Responsible for the preparation of statutory financial information in accordance with applicable accounting standards, the Companies Acts and Listing Rules
· Group consolidation experience, advanced excel skills (including pivot tables)
· Opportunity for career development and for the right candidate to influence and add to the company experiencing strong growth
Accounting, Tax and Cash Management:
· Working with the existing accounts team to ensure timely delivery of accurate interim and annual financial reporting, including production of financial statements, monthly management reporting and analysis
· Preparation and review of monthly consolidated P&L, cash flow statement and balance sheet
· Distribution/drawdown process and management of PLC cashflow forecasts
· Work with existing accounts team to ensure successful completion of fund/group audit process
· Preparing statutory accounts, VAT returns and tax reporting information
· Partnering with senior stakeholders in preparing the budgeting and forecasting processes
· Experience of a variety of systems including Sage accounting package
Legal and Company Secretarial
· Ensure board/ investment committee minutes documented correctly for buying/selling
· Documenting fund/bank guarantees
· Managing investment fund/liquidation processes
· Documenting investor transfers
· Responsible for preparation/review of financial models to ensure accurate and real time IRR
calculations and other fund statistics
· Input/review of investor presentations and fund raising due diligence requests to ensure accuracy of information provided to the investor relations team
· Responsible for preparation/review of financial information for annual/interim valuations and investment budgeting process
· Reviewing legal documentation including Sales and Purchase Agreements, Shareholder Agreements,
· Asset Manager Agreements
· ACA with 5+ years PLC accounting experience.
· Proven experience within a similar broad Financial Management or Controller capacity
· Experience working with FRS 102 and IFRS
· Exposure to company secretarial and relating legal aspects
· Strong analytical and numerical abilities
· Demonstrated understanding of best practice in relation to “best practice” PLC finance management.
· Obvious internal drive and self-motivation
· A quick intellect with a mindset to develop innovative solutions, challenges the status quo.
· Team player who can make and execute collaborative decisions
· Structured and process-driven
· Small company mindset i.e. Able to work flexibly with blurred boundaries of responsibility; tolerance of ambiguity, pragmatic
· Able to liaise and engender positive relations with Gooee’s investment management team
· Able to identify and prioritize strategic business and financial issues. Must be capable of deputising for the CFO where necessary.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Able to handle large amounts of information and detail in an organized, efficient manner.
· Able to work in collaborative harmony with Gooee’s Finance team, COO and investment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £70,000.00-£80,000.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19