Fresh Produce Ordering Administrator (Supply Chain and Promotional Team) 12 Month FTC
We are looking for a new administrator to join our Fresh Produce Supply Chain and Promotional Team to assist with and get involved in the day-to-day running of fruit & vegetable stock management and promotional planning.
Fresh Produce is a very exciting department where there is always lots to learn and get involved in! You will actively contribute to a successful and rapidly growing area from day one and there is plenty of scope to develop. The Supply Chain and Promotional Team forms a vital part of the department and is the central point between buyers, the administration team and the regional distribution centres. All the work done within the team has a tangible effect – we work closely with the buyers to ensure stock is consistently on the shelves in our stores ready for our customers and in the freshest condition! This means there is pressure at times, but also means that the work that we do makes a real impact upon the success of our business. If you thrive in a deadline oriented, fast moving environment and enjoy working with systems and data, this may be an ideal role for you.
Please note that this role will include working weekends and bank holidays on a rotational basis in the future.
What you'll do
- Analysing data and using this to forecast fruit and veg volumes
- Planning and managing promotions (‘Pick of the Week’) – within the Team and across the wider business
- Managing stock levels of fruit and veg within specific categories
- Running daily and weekly reports and being responsible for data management
- Working closely with the buying team on category strategy – forecasting, planning, short-term promotional opportunities and tracking category performance
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure smooth stock management of relevant categories
- Liaising with RDCs in regards to promotional volumes
What you'll need
- Strong numerical skills, comfortable working with numbers on a daily basis
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyse data, spot trends and run reports
- Driven and motivated with a positive outlook, curious and able to solve problems
- Confident with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal, both with internal and external contacts)
- Good team player
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- German language skills are highly desirable
- An interest in the retail industry and ideally within fresh produce in particular
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £26,500 - £28,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.