Global Content Marketing Manager
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Wood Mackenzie has an exciting opportunity for a Global Content Marketing Manager to join a fast paced, dynamic global business to take ownership of our corporate messages and global editorial content, including inbound marketing strategies. This is an opportunity for a creative, innovative content marketer to lead the content marketing strategy and working with senior stakeholders to put effective and engaging content at the heart of our marketing plans.
This role will lead the content team to create a world class content marketing plan for the organisation and will also be hands on creating award winning content across all our audiences’ day in day out. This position will report directly to the Director of Digital and Content and oversees a small, but perfectly formed content team that produces engaging quality content that speaks to our audiences and boosts engagement with our brand.
About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Write corporate editorial, blog posts and marketing copy to promote our products and services
- Partner with research and consulting teams to generate new content marketing ideas to promote industry-related topics
- Build relationships with senior internal stakeholders to deliver Thought Leadership marketing programme
- Deliver content strategies for knowledge partnerships with external conference organisers
- Design content marketing initiatives and set short-term goals for generating new inbound leads for both ecommerce and subscription campaigns.
- Collaborate with creative services, product marketing and our research business to produce high quality content
- Develop global editorial calendar, coordinating with social media and PR teams and ensure timely publication
- Deliver engaging audience based messaging and on a regular basis and maintain evergreen content across the website
- Proofread, re-structure and edit articles by other marketers, optimising written pieces to increase user engagement.
- Own writing style guide and enforce editorial governance, inspiring fellow team members to create even better content
- Optimise content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Analyse web traffic metrics to find opportunities for improving audience messaging on digital channels
About You and How You Can Excel in this Role
To be successful in this role you’ll be a creative marketing professional with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably with a writing background. You’ll be able to develop engaging content to attract and engage new potential customers. For this position, it’s also essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and digital marketing trends. It will be beneficial if you have some knowledge of the energy & commodity markets.
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing, Digital Marketing or relevant field
- Proven experience as a Content marketing manager, Content Editor or similar role.
- Experience of creating content in a global business
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to influence and engage direct reports and peers
- Demonstrated experience of senior stakeholder management
- Experience of management, mentoring and coaching a team whilst driving a high performance culture
- Highly evolved communication skills and an ability to translate technical information into business language
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively & drive innovation
- Proficiency in MS Office and Content Management Software (eg EpiServer)
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Understanding of web publishing requirements and hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- An energetic, tenacious, results-orientated approach
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice