Global Equities - Cash Prime Brokerage - Product Development - Associate/Vice President
J.P. Morgan's Prime Brokerage is a collaborative and complex business, serving equity, fixed-income and multi-strategy hedge fund clients to provide a full spectrum of integrated capabilities, combined with the strength and resources of a leading global bank. The business provides multiple options for financing, clearing, and portfolio servicing and event management across multiple asset classes and customized solutions for many of our clients. Our multi-asset class platform extends across execution, financing, clearing, reporting, and asset-servicing products, as well as prime custody and optimized margin solutions. An integral part of the Prime Brokerage front office business group, the Product Development team designs and manages the build and deployment of changes to our competitive and market leading product platform as well as designing customized solutions for many of our clients.
The Product Development role is varied and involves partnering with many different teams within the Prime Finance business. The role will give a results oriented individual the opportunity to work with various members of our front office partner groups such as Account Management, Transition/Onboarding, Sales, Risk and Margin Trading teams to understand and gather platform change requirements, as well as working closely and acting as the LOB contact for support groups such as Technology, Middle Office, Operations, Legal, Regulatory teams and Compliance in order to design and deliver the appropriate solution.
The role will primarily focus on developing the toolset that supports the day-to-day running of our Prime Finance business as our client base improves its overall sophistication, requiring the Product Development team to continually enhance our platform to in order to stay ahead of a dynamic environment. The successful individual will be given an opportunity to learn or continue to grow knowledge of all aspects of the Prime Brokerage business and our hedge fund client base, all while receiving exposure to senior management. In addition to testing his/her problem solving and technical skills, the individual will have ample opportunity to lead and project manage high impact projects for our business.
- Collaborate with the aforementioned teams to understand their current processes and pain points for prioritization of build efforts. A particular focus will initially be on the client management toolset relating to the Cash Prime Brokerage product, but the role will likely diversify into other product areas over time
- Act as a deep-knowledge Product specialist and point of contact for Prime Finance team members for any product specific questions which fall outside of the BAU process
- Identify opportunities for improvement, presenting them to senior management and helping to implement change
- Identify the requirements and design the process change or toolset enhancement to meet those requirements
- Responsibility for delivery of fit for purpose change; oversee both the technology team in the development of the toolset, and the support teams implementing the operating model change, providing guidance and following up where necessary
- Coordinate the business user testing and rollout of the new product, managing feedback and implementing additional enhancements based on priorities
- Previous experience gained in either Prime Brokerage, Equity Financing, or Product Development.
- Strong collaboration and internal relationship management skills: able to partner effectively with diverse groups of individuals, driving teams to delivery whilst maintaining strong working relationships.
- The role requires a logical mind, perseverance, the ability to communicate ideas well, and the ability to deal confidently with diverse people at all levels of the organization.
- Responsibility for the maintenance and development of our accounting, tax, client entitlement and reporting platforms.
- Drive analysis and recommended system/process changes to support new financial regulations.
- Previous experience building toolsets for users, workflow, or user interface design a plus.
- Understanding of how reference data points impact booking, processing and recording of client business advantageous.
- Energetic, flexible self-starter that takes initiative and has demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong Project Management Skills, must be organized and able to deconstruct a project into achievable deliverables.
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive an agenda and consensus across multi-functional and cross-regional teams.
- Proven track record of effectively resolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery.J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.