Global Social Media Manager
The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
Your role in a nutshell
This is an exciting opportunity for a Global Social Media Manager on a 4-month FTC with The Body Shop. You will be working closely with the Global Head of Social Media and Digital Content on optimising The Body Shop global social media strategy. Using customer data and insight, you will ensure that The Body Shop is deploying the right social media channels to best practice across 17+ markets. You will instil a culture of data driven decision making and working with multiple stakeholders to propose strategic optimisation and roll-out of new and existing social media products with a focus on social commerce and innovation.
More about the role
- Oversee implementation of global social media strategy for The Body Shop across 15+ markets ensuring brand and commercial objectives and KPIs are met
- Ensure the correct reporting and analysis structure is in place to track each market against KPIs and isolate best practice per channel and per market
- Roll-out new social commerce products in a timely fashion measuring their success and building on learnings to maximise performance
- Spearhead strategy and measure of success for opening new platforms
- Collaborate with PR and affiliate marketing teams to define best multi-channel approach to influencer marketing
- Liaise with global brand team to establish best social media content mix to achieve brand and commercial objectives
- Partner with local market and global brand teams to design compelling test and learn roadmaps to improve success of social media activity
What we look for
- Significant social media experience in a senior role gained either in a well-known consumer brand, agency or start-up operating across 5+ markets
- Proven track record growing organic social media channels taking data driven decisions
- Extensive hands-on experience in using publishing, monitoring and reporting tools such as Sprinklr, Brandwatch and Google Analytics - must be able to coach a team on how to best utilise these tools to gather data and draw up customer insights
- Proven track record of driving implementation of social media innovation within current role
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage large groups of stakeholders
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
Want to join the team at The Body Shop? Then please apply today! As well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards that you can look forward to if you join us: a 6% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks at Work, our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented 'Work Wise' into our HQ - flexibility of 'in-office' hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we've got your best interests at heart - it's our way of saying thank you!