Good Receiver -start June 2021
Job Number 21031725
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Start Your Journey With Us as a Good Receiver at London Marriott Park lane
This 5-star hotel is situated in the centre of London's West End, on the corner of Oxford Street and Park Lane. Overlooking Hyde Park and once a stately apartment building, the London Marriott Hotel Park Lane is close to all of the city's most famous attractions, theatres and shops. Marble Arch London Underground Station is just metres away and offers easy access to any part of the city.
We are part of Marriott International, the world's leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 6,700 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Good Receiver to join our five star, luxurious hotel. Work alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training are available to you.
Good Receiver Job Summary
This major role is to empower the kitchen team in all of its areas. Work and support Food Safety, Health & Safety regulations. To work efficiently and effectively, in regards to quality, quantity and customer expectations. Fulfill all job related to the role as Goods receiver.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and distribute to appropriate department (including but not limited to restaurant/bar/kitchen). Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs. Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner. Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actual received merchandise.
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues and oversee return process. Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related departments or areas.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots. Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. Maintain and organize all received pallets until product is “broken down”, removed and/or stored.
- Keep the loading bay tidy and organized at all times , Remove empty pallets, cardboard, and trash and place in proper storage areas, operate loading bay compactor (training available).
- Ensure work tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational quality.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Whenever in guest’s area wear a clean and well maintained uniform and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Keep the dedicated DECT phone at all times during working hours and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects; move up and down stairs and/or service ramps; move, lift, or carry objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Notify manager/supervisor of low stock levels in a timely manner.
- Receive and stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actual received merchandise, and report to manager/supervisor as necessary.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Check in merchandise, report bad pallets,
- Troubleshoot vendor delivery issues.
- Load and unload balers, and store cardboard and plastic.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Oversee return process by verifying counts, shipping addresses, labels, etc.
- Lock and unlock secure merchandise storage areas.
- print and place slot labels, and check current inventory levels.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Stack received merchandise on pallets or carts.
General Food - Stocking/Receiving
- Date, label, and rotate all items according to company standards.
- Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as First In-First Out (FIFO) and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments or areas.
- Maintain the sanitation standards of the food storeroom and walk-ins.
- Identify and remove merchandise that is outdated, distressed, or unacceptable in appearance to ensure quality and freshness.
- Organize and clean all walk-in and reach-in refrigerators and freezers.
- Reduce workplace hazards in storeroom by following safe handling and storage policies and procedures.
- Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items, track refusal of items, and communicate to appropriate management.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Check meats to ensure Cryovac packaging is sealed and unopened.
- Eliminate cross contamination by processing and handling raw and ready-to-eat products separately.
- Check weights of all items as compared to order and billing.
- Handle spills, broken glass, and crushed/jagged metal or aluminium cans to ensure safety.
- Store food following company cooking and storage temperature guidelines
- Clean and sanitize floors, food equipment, and drains, and dust/wipe down walls, doors, lights, ceiling tiles, vents, and trash cans in accordance with cleaning checklists and schedules.
- Organize cleaning chemicals and supplies and keep them separate from food products.
- Communicate and log issues or problems and physical repairs to engineering and/or facilities management.
- Monitor equipment, including freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company food safety programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Calibrate thermometers and log temperatures for coolers/freezers in accordance with Cold Chain procedures.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels
- Complete and maintain up-to-date logs for food products.
- Distribute food and beverage controllable to Kitchen and/or Food & Beverage
- Complete and maintain required departmental paperwork, such as throwaway record sheets, invoices, and assignment notices.
- Communicate to management and document overstock or slow moving products (e.g., push list) for proper utilization.
- Remove empty pallets, cardboard, and trash and place in proper storage areas
- Maintain and organize all received pallets until product is “broken down”, removed and/or stored.
Shipping and Receiving
- Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Follow all national, state, and local hazardous material shipping guidelines and regulations.
- Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages.
- Identify received product and delivery recipient and determine channeling and preference of distribution.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages.
- Maintain clear and organized records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
Why Work for us as a Good Receiver
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent.
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here.
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your wellbeing means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
What we’re looking for
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Eagerness to learn
- Pro-active and reliable and with the attitude to show commitment and team spirit
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Existed School Qualification
- Good level of English essential/ reading and writing
You’re welcome here
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.