Graduate Resourcing Advisor
White & Case
2 months ago
Graduate Resourcing Advisor
White& Case is an elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our long history as an international firm means we are perfectly placed to help our clients resolve their most complex legal challenges wherever they may be.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
It’s not just about our global network of offices; it’s the global interconnectedness of the Firm that our people, and our clients, value most. We work well together across geographic and practice boundaries. It’s one of the reasons we attract and retain cross-border work. And why we attract a diverse group of people.
Our lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
A high calibre individual to help ensure the Graduate Resourcing & Development function is the best in the sector. The candidate will have responsibility for helping to manage the day to day Graduate Resourcing effort – thinking creatively, strategically, commercially and competitively. They will have excellent client relationship management skills as well as outstanding professional presence.
Our People Advisory Team
Trusted advisor or career coach, project manager or strategist, recruitment administrator, talent expert or experienced generalist? As part of our global People (Advisory) team, you can expect to utilize and develop your skills across every aspect of human resources and talent management.
Whilst traditional HR tasks are an important component of our work, we also apply this practical knowledge to high-level strategic initiatives that deliver on our employer value proposition to best enable and grow our business. We lead and manage significant projects to attract, retain and engage the best people, and we are recognized for our ability to get the job done.
We’re proud of our high performance work ethic, as well as the central role that we play in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture. Through extensive contact with partners and business services leaders, we are trusted to offer advice and implement changes that help our teams perform at the highest level and deliver outstanding client service. Working with us will enable you to become a great professional, and develop a uniquely broad range of experience to draw on throughout your career.
Duties and Accountabilities
In conjunction with the Graduate Resourcing Manager, the individual will be responsible for:
Cultivation & Attraction
- Identify opportunities to promote White & Case’s employment proposition via on-line and media adverts and identify key competitor activity and potential candidate populations for targeting purposes
- Devise and execute comprehensive attraction and events through sponsorship opportunities with universities/student groups to build Firm reputation
- Manage existing and cultivate new relationships with key contacts at universities
- Create and deliver campus based skills session and university law fairs and receptions
- Travel to and attend UK law fairs, receptions and general recruitment events. Overnight stays are expected, particularly during the milkround season
- Work with the Firm’s media consultant to set media strategy for the year and agree partnership plan with each advertiser
- Manage the relationships with graduate publications and advertisers
- Provide all content for firm bios; editorial content; written interviews; and sponsored events
- Manage the GR function’s social media presence in conjunction with the Graduate Resourcing Assistant
- With the marketing team, work on the design and content of the Firm’s graduate recruitment materials
- In conjunction with Global Mobility, appropriately advertise positions for the purposes of the resident labour market test
- Annually review all cultivation and attraction efforts
Graduate Recruitment Processes
- Manage the end to end selection process, escalating any issues to the Manager
- Review large volumes of applications and video interview assessments
- Conduct interviews with senior associates to select candidates for vacation schemes and assessment centres
- Manage and participate in the successful running of the vacation schemes, assessment centres and open days
- Attend all Graduate Resourcing & Development social events during vacation schemes and open days (predominantly during the evenings)
- Monitor and help drive the candidate management process once an offer has been extended
- Ensure effective management of Apply4Law application database
- Build relationships with key internal recruitment stakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
- Work closely with key internal contacts such as the Diversity Manager and Global Citizenship Manager to manage diversity & inclusion initiatives across the different functions
- Build relationships with key external diversity & inclusion contacts
- Manage and participate in the successful co-running of recruitment diversity events
- Identify opportunities to promote White & Case’s graduate resourcing diversity proposition via on-line and media adverts
- Present to key internal stakeholders on the progress of the Firm’s graduate resourcing diversity initiatives
- Experience and knowledge of the graduate recruitment market
- Knowledge of professional services environment, ideally law
- Excellent oral and written communication, with strong competence in Powerpoint and Excel
- Client service oriented and credible
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders and build networks quickly
- Results-orientated: ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven and fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Committed team player: ability to work as a leader
- Strong organisation skills with ability to multi-task
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Able to work autonomously. Handles pressured situations calmly and with care
- Displays tenacity and is eager to be involved in new initiatives
- Good judgement and professional maturity
- Strong professional presence
Location and Reporting
- This is a role based in London.
The Firm may modify and amend this job description at any time at its sole discretion.
1The above is a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-London
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2020, 12:27:34 PM