Head Bar Tender - New Concept Restaurant Opening
Head Bartender - (New Concept Restaurant Opening)
St James’ Court a Taj Hotel and Taj 51 Buckingham Gate
What does it take to be part of our Heritage?
Would you like to come and work as a Head Bartender for an international brand that is world renowned for excellence, commitment to its employees and warmth and hospitality to its guests?
Working for the Taj Group sets you aside from other leading hotel brands worldwide. We instil a concept called Tajness into the DNA of all of our employees through our brand values of Mutual Respect and Sincere care; this means not only that we are able to offer every single guest a unique experience during their stay with us, but also the happiness in the workplace that our associates deserves.
St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel, London is a quiet masterpiece, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites & Residences is a 5-star including three restaurants, Michelin-starred Quilon, two bars, a state-of-the-art gym and wellness centre. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate provides the discerning luxury traveller with a suite experience that will make your stay in London genuinely special.
New Opening: £6 multi-million New Concept Restaurant featuring world cuisine, Robata grill and excellent atmosphere.
Benefits for the Head Bartenderrole:
· Complimentary nights stays inc: breakfast worldwide in Taj Hotels (dependant on contract),
· 50% discount on F&B and SPA treatments within hotels in the Taj Group
· 25% discount off treatments/products at the Wellness Centre, the hotel SPA
· The Head Bar Tender will be a member of our life insurance and pension scheme
· Chair massage, Chiropody treatments
· Associate Introduction scheme
· Associate Social Events
· Uniform and meals on duty
Head Bartender - our expectation
As an ambassador of The Company, the Head Bartender will help further establish the values of Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces and perform in accordance with The Company standards.
Assist the department Manager to run a smooth and high-class service in the department.
Ensure quality and innovate drinks menu and excellent presentation
Monitor staff performance and develop associates by coaching and carrying out training; responsible for the opening and closing of the department.
Show self-initiative and display ownership for the development of your knowledge and skills to continuously raise the level of service we provide to our guests.
The ideal candidate for Head Bartenderwill have:
· Minimum 2 years cocktail bar experience
· Experience leading a team, floor and bar and lap special lab experience
· Knowledge and experience in managing stocks
· Hotel experience desirable but not mandatory
· Demonstrable hospitality skills with an emphasis on high-class efficient and courteous service
· Team building and leadership skills
· High quality communication skills
· Quick, reliable and diligent attitude
· Knowledge of Opera and Micros systems
· Eligibility to work in the UK
If this sounds like the perfect role; we’d love to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- 8 hour shift
- customer Service: 1 year (preferred)
- Bartending: 2 years (preferred)
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders and serving beverages to guests in accordance with company standards
- Handle payments and float in accordance with company standards
- Apply responsible alcohol management awareness and ensure all customers too intoxicated to serve are pointed out to a member of senior management
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Ensure that the bar, front-of-house, and other areas are clean and maintained
- Other duties as requested
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place