This is an excellent career opportunity for a strong classroom teacher to continue in a strong economics department at a thriving school and with an experienced and committed team of teachers.
Ark Academy is an all-through school in state-of-the-art school in Wembley, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium, with excellent transport links.
We are excited to recruit a passionate Economics teacher who has a maths bias and is committed to ensuring every child is challenged to achieve their maximum potential. We want a teacher who has passion, enthusiasm, alongside the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in their care. They will deliver consistently excellent teaching and learning in our growing sixth form, helping students to achieve excellent results.
The successful candidate will be expected to have experience in teaching A level economics to teach Economics in KS5 to a high standard, alongside instilling in the students a love for the subject and a desire to learn. There is also the potential to teach maths. The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of Economics
- be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment
- have proven experience working or the desire to work successfully with students who are studying
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team developing our sixth form, now in its fifth year and as part of an
- join a highly successful team that has an exceptional track record for training teachers.
- Access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development
As a member of Ark Academy you will receive extensive professional development geared towards excellence. Weekly sessions designed by those who understand the context of the school, are ensured to cater for our teachers’ every need. In addition, the school provides continual support and career progression. Numerous comprehensive training programmes are available to our staff from NQTs to aspiring middle and senior leaders.
- A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
- Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the