Head of People
Head of People
Based in our London Head office.
Circus Street is looking for an accomplished Head of People to lead its people function as part of the Leadership Team.
In this business critical role, you will report directly to the Global COO and have full responsibility for developing and implementing the people strategy and vision of the organisation. You will provide inspirational leadership and embed a high performance culture focussed on reward, engagement and continuous improvement.
In order to be suitable for this role of significant responsibility you must be a commercially astute, ambitious and a driven leader with a passion for people and a proven track record of delivering and embedding successful People strategies.
The environment will be incredibly fast paced and your key objective will be to facilitate employee growth, attraction retention.
This is a hands-on leadership and implementation role, with full accountability for the success of the people function within the company as it goes through a period of growth. We currently have circa 100 employees and part of your remit will be to build HR processes and policies to ensure the smooth running of business operations and to create an HR framework to enable the business to grow.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished Head of People to join a market leading business.
- Building and implementing a first class people strategy that enables the business to achieve its objectives
- Working with the Global COO to embed the group’s values and maintain our iconic culture
- Leading our talent acquisition strategy and processes alongside our Head of Resourcing to ensure we are recruiting talent in line with our business needs and core values
- Developing and improving our wellness strategy alongside our Wellness Manger
- Building and implementing best in class PDP processes to ensure our people thrive and are continuously improving.
- Driving our Diversity and Inclusion agenda across the organisation
- Developing training and coaching programmes across all departments
- Developing an engagement, remuneration and reward strategy to incentivise and retain the team
This role also requires someone who demonstrates the following competencies:
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change to our resourcing initiatives as required to meet business goals.
- Passion – for driving and achieving your goals
- Collaborative Working - enjoy working in partnership and collaborate with colleagues across the organisation to recognise shared objectives and priorities, and work cooperatively to achieve them
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach your team’s goals above your own
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – Able to quickly establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility and communicate effectively with all relevant stakeholders.
- Organised - The role requires best in class organisational skills as you will be dealing with multiple stakeholders and projects at any given time
- Decision Making – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Is forthright and confident to take initiative, make decisions and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made; Able to operate independently
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
- Good Bones – Respectful and caring attitude towards employees and colleagues, collaborative and helpful approach
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Working from home (subject to line managers approval)
- 25 days annual leave PA
- 6 Personal Development Days PA
- 6 Volunteering Days PA
- 4pm Friday finish
- Dedicated Wellness Manager to help you achieve an optimal state of health and wellbeing while reaching personal and professional growth
- Variety of clubs and activities (incl Run Club, Games Night and yoga to name a couple)
- CS Benefit Hub. Access to a huge variety of retail and leisure discounts.
- Cycle to Work Scheme. Up to the value of £1,000 (starting in January, only available upon successful completion of probation period)
- Competitive salary
About Circus Street
At Circus Street we are passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse working culture that puts it's people at the heart of it’s business. A culture that supports employees in both their professional and personal development, creating a fast paced, entrepreneurial and supportive environment where all employees can thrive.
We are a training organisation that builds digital and data capability for the world’s leading brands. We use storytelling, award winning visual media and interactivity to create a highly effective and engaging learning experience that is delivered exclusively online. The learning programs we develop equip teams with the tools and knowledge to work more effectively with colleagues, partners and customers and creates real business impact.
Circus Street is delivering dynamic customised global learning programs to more than 200 ‘Fortune 500’ brands around the world, to populations ranging from 1,000-100,000+ users. The business focus is on maintaining it’s edge in the continuously evolving digital age, driving exponential growth and global expansion.
Circus Street was founded in 2009 in our London head office, and now employs more than 100 people across our global sites in New York, Austin, Singapore and Sydney.
Take a look at our recruitment video: https://vimeo.com/195957703
Reference ID: CSHOP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £90,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19