Head of Strategic Sourcing UK
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
We are currently looking for a Head of Rolling Stock Strategic Sourcing UK, to join our global procurement team, you will be responsible for the provision of Sourcing and Buying capability to meet the global and regional bid and project requirements for RS assigned categories. For this role the suitable candidate can be based in either London or Newton Aycliffe.Could that be you?
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Manage and develop a Procurement team to meet the UK regional Rolling Stock sourcing, contracting and buying requirements for RS assigned categories
- Manage engagement with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality etc. to ensure the timely definition of clear specifications and business requirements to optimise the value delivered from sourcing and contracting activities
- Manage the collaboration with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Materials Management etc. to ensure there are clear processes, roles and responsibilities between the various teams within the supply chain, to enable efficient and effective manufacturing and operations
- Manage collaboration with RS Bids and Projects Procurement and Category Management to ensure that project sourcing and contracting activities deliver materials on-time and on budget
- Manage the engagement with key business and functional stakeholders to ensure comprehensive analysis of RFQ’s to select the best suppliers to meet the specifications and requirements
- Manage the development and the implementation of appropriate sourcing and contracting strategies by utilising best in class sourcing methodologies, and as guided by Category Management
- Support Category Managers in defining the global category strategies
- Manage the execution of sourcing projects aimed at identifying cost saving and optimisation opportunities and to meet business requirements for RS materials and services
- Manage the engagement and performance management of suppliers to ensure cost reduction, risk mitigation and to establish robust commercial agreements, as guided by Category Management
- Manage the resolution of any day-to-day stakeholder and supplier operational queries related to sourcing, contracting, ordering, delivery, invoice and payment issues in conjunction with Finance and budget holders as appropriate
- As applicable (per the agreed operating model by LoB/Region) manage the provision of operational Buying / P2P support - including e.g. Requisitioning, Ordering, Query Resolution, Measuring Performance etc. - to ensure the highest standards of delivery, service and compliance
- Ensure the implementation and optimisation of the One Hitachi Rail Procurement organisation and collaboration model with the Operations Service and Maintenance, Signalling and Turnkey and Group Procurement
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports
- Experienced in end to end strategic sourcing, including strategy development, sourcing and contracting execution and supplier management
- A good track record of accomplishment in managing sourcing and/or procurement operations teams with line management and senior stakeholder interface experience in a projects and manufacturing environment
- Experience in procurement / purchasing processes, systems and data - ideally including SAP and Bravo/Jaggaer
- Proven ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams
- Advanced working knowledge of Procurement Processes
- Sound general knowledge of Procurement principles and practices.
- Strong People Management, communication and collaborative team working skills
- Builds effective relationships collaborating at all levels underpinned by openness, honesty & respect
- Desire to understand working with different business cultures
- Strong influencing, networking and team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates perseverance, patience and commitment for long term success
- Educated to degree level
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or Institute of Supply Management (CPSM, or CPM) or another appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 16th March 2021.