Role Title: Head of Engineering
Location: Paddington, London
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
Let's step back a second - how do we say our name? Well, it sounds like 'view'. It's also a lot shorter than saying 'Viewed Impressions for Out of Home'. We're making it easy to sell and buy digital out of home (OOH) inventory. Our premium marketplace is connecting buyers and sellers, across the globe, simply.
We are working to transform the industry and we believe it's important to connect OOH and digital advertising to deliver brand experiences and more meaningful outcomes for agencies and advertisers.
Join us as we build out the leading, global out of home (OOH) marketplace. Simply put, it's our mission to make it easy to buy and sell OOH inventory.
A head of engineering is needed for a fast growing engineering team who are market leaders in the Ad-tech industry. As the head of engineering, you will be responsible for providing direction and managing team of engineers to build, deploy and support industry leading product sets
What we'll expect from you
- Work closely with CTO, & head of architecture to define and implement the technical strategy & target architecture
- Manage the technical delivery across all VIOOH platform
- Line management of all backend engineering teams
- Building a best-in-class engineering team by hiring best talents, coaching & empowering tech-leads and engineers on best practices
- Overseeing capacity planning, project scoping, requirements and estimates of new features
- Working closely with Product Directors enabling roadmap planning, ownership of resource planning and team allocation
- Responsible for enhancing & transforming development process
- Responsible for establishing continuous integration and helping to achieve continuous deployment
- Fostering a strong cohesive working relationship with architecture and delivery teams
- Empowering teams to adopt and practice devops culture
- Ensure technical documentation is completed and maintained where necessary
What we want from you
- 8+years experience as a Senior Developer/Team Lead/Head of Engineering
- Solid technical understanding of cloud technologies AWS preferably
- Expert in JAVA including frameworks like spring-boot, hibernate
- Microservices architecture
- Mysql, Postgres databases
- NoSQL databases - MongoDB, DynamoDB, DocumentDB
- experience of developing and implementing machine learning models
- Managed offshore teams
- Experience with DataAnalytics and BigData
- Degree in Software / Computer engineering or relevant experience
- Excellent communication and senior level stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of growing and directing development teams to deliver projects with stretching scope and objectives.
- Ability to facilitate discussions to resolve conflicting processes, content, approaches.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of passion and energy whilst maintaining a positive outlook.
- Able to travel globally as and when required by the organisation.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.