Head of Marketing UK
JOB TITLE: Head of Marketing UK
LOCATION: Remotely for the foreseeable future
REPORTING TO: Chief Marketing Officer
O*UR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS*
Respect - This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration - This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
Integrity - This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises
_ Innovation - This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it’s about embracing change._
Excellence - This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust - This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
Overview of the Job Description
We are seeking an energetic, passionate, and highly motivated candidate that will establish a strategic marketing function in support of ABM’s UK growth objectives. You will be focused on messaging for how we solve the challenges our clients face in keeping their buildings operating at peak efficiency and delivering exceptional experiences for their customers.
Ideally, you are a strategic thinker who can assess data and research and put this into action through marketing plans and strategies with input from key stakeholders. You will balance both strategy and hands-on execution of the work, while working closely with a cross-functional marketing team, communications and public relations, sales, operations, clients, and subject matter experts across ABM to brainstorm and develop content for an integrated approach across all marketing and sales channels.
Mai*n Duties & Responsibilities: *
T*o*p 4 Roles:
1. Communicate the value propositions of solutions to clients, prospects, and the sales teams and the content to support the selling for the core UK industries we service
2. Market Intelligence – be an expert on facility services, the end markets we have a right to win, our buyers
(how they buy), and competition to position ABM to improve growth and profitability
3. Ensure the marketing plan and all supporting initiatives are executed, managed, and measured to increase leads and opportunities
4. Develop a content strategy and advise on creative concepts in support of marketing campaign objectives
What will you do:
- Develop a go-to-market strategy and an execution plan for the UK business segments aligned with Sales and growth targets with input from key stakeholders
- Perform market research to determine industry sub-segments, trends and new growth opportunities
- Identify geographic target markets, strategic partners, influential consultants, industry associations, key publications and media, trade conferences & events, etc.
- Provide a strategic view into clients, client purchasing behaviours, and define the client purchasing journey along with the key decision-makers and influencers
- Monitor industry and competitor news and where competitors are investing and key differentiators
- Translate technical and service line specific capabilities into benefits that are understood by industry clients and prospects
- Develop client success stories and industry insights to drive value proposition and differentiate ABM’s UK
- Manage and develop strategic industry partnerships, sponsorships and targeted industry association activities (i.e. trade conferences, events, speaking opportunities, etc.) to increase brand awareness, opportunities and thought leadership equity
- Partner and collaborate with in-house Digital and Creative teams and external agencies on execution support across all marketing channels (i.e. web, print, video, email, events, media)
- Work with Sales team to update them on current programmes and initiatives, and strengthen alignment between sales & marketing
- Develop and adhere to campaign planning processes and work closely with digital teams on adherence to data privacy, testing, refining, and troubleshooting new and existing marketing programs as well as interpret reporting & analytics to stakeholders on effectiveness and ROI.
- Develop new creative ideas/concepts that will drive new sales growth opportunities
- Serve as initial point of contact for new marketing initiatives and provide approval on marketing activities for
UK business segments
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, communications, finance, HR and operations on various strategic initiatives and projects
- Report on KPI’s and metrics that will measure the success of Group marketing strategies working with
Marketing & Sales COEs
- Manage and direct brand integrations and marketing support for acquisitions in the UK
Key Performance Measures:
- Ability to execute marketing programmes with proven measurement of successes
- Improvement in positioning/differentiation of ABM’s solutions to UK clients
- Establish clarity and consistency of marketing operations in the UK
- Self-starter, resourceful and able to work independently
- You are a team player with a strong drive for results
- You have an innate ability to translate technical information into language that’s easy to understand
- You have the capacity to prioritize projects, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment
- You can present executive level messages in a clear and concise manner
- BA/BS in Marketing or Business, or related field required. MBA a plus.
- Marketing, Consulting and/or Business Development experience
- Experience of strategic planning and/or marketing plan development
- Superior written, proofreading, verbal and group communications skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; track record of successful client & team relationships, and ability to build credibility and gain confidence quickly
- Outstanding conceptual, strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy combined with an attention to detail to grasp and creatively translate solutions into buyer benefits.
- Ability to drive decision making across projects – and beyond – if needed
- Track record of effective project management skills including timely delivery and budget management
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Hubspot or other marketing automation software
- Experience with project management or marketing resource systems
- Experience with campaign measurement via marketing automation reports, Google Analytics and Adwords, SEO and social media analytics
- Excellent PowerPoint skills with ability to craft executive slide summaries
- Copywriting skills are preferred
You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer/SVP as part of a centralised marketing organization, working in close alignment with UK leadership as the position will reside in London, England.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period
of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Application Deadline: 23/04/2021
Expected Start Date: 01/05/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- Head of Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place