Based in our global headquarters in Holborn, in this ever-adaptive environment you will support Human Resources across a defined range of HR processes and activities, ensuring the effective implementation and alignment of people related services.
You might already be in a role which requires strong customer service skills or a recent Graduate looking for their first step into Human Resources. Certainly, if you are eager to start your career in an environment which will enable you to develop as a HR professional in line with industry standards, this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
People are our business. You’ll help us find the best.
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives".
This role is within our Business Unit Group People & Organisation at a Band 8 level reporting to the HR Coordinator.
As an HR Administrator within this collaborative and fast paced team you will;
- Undertake administration for core HR employee life cycle process including new starter process; leaver process; contractual changes; reference requests; background screening; sickness absence; annual leave
- Administer employee benefits for London office employees including BUPA, eye test vouchers and Long Service Awards
- Complete monthly pension administration in conjunction with payroll SAP and Success Factors (Navigator+) Super User responsible for Organisation Management of the SAP Success Factors (Navigator+) system and the creation and maintenance of accurate SAP HR records for employees on London payroll including all joiners, transfers, promotions and leavers
- Act as a point of contact for Employee Self Service (ESS) /Manager Self Service (MSS) queries in the London Corporate Office. Troubleshoot to resolve common problems and investigate further if required. Escalate technical problems through the appropriate support channels and follow up as required
- Produce employee data -related reporting both on a regular and ad-hoc basis from a standard set of pre-set reports
- Outstanding Customer Service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Leverage advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Display strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates initiative
- Supporting a busy team with multiple stakeholders, ideal
- Display commitment to safety
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
- Sudsidised breakfast & lunch, coffee & office snacks
- Generous pension plans
- Free gym memberships
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process
Advert Closing Date: 27 June 2021