hr business partner - midlands/north england based
Please note, this role will be based in the Midlands or in North England. Travelling within the region will be required.
Job Purpose and Mission
Operates as a strategic business partner to the retail business to develop and deliver comprehensive HR services. Driving capability, improving business performance through coaching and developing the retail leadership teams underpinned by the Starbucks guiding principles
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Lead succession planning and mid/end of year calibration process for UK operations. Support with creating growth opportunities and raising profile of high potentials, identify poor performance and track all data, actions and outputs for UK Retail
- Partner with central talent, learning & reward teams to effectively manage succession and key talent planning, achieving the defined company strategy and meeting key business needs for the UK business
- Provide HR training and support to field leadership teams to enable first line management of basic partner issues & any identified performance concerns
- Provide support training and guidance to HR Advisor to enable effective delivery of HR services to the field teams
- Identify and recommends training and development needs. Implements appropriate and where required facilitate training and manage delivery of both businesses as usual and ad hoc training programmes
- Partner with central recruitment and HR Advisor team to support recruitment and resource planning
- Coach and mentor leadership teams to drive capability, engagement and improve performance across the retail network
- Support HR Advisors to coach and guide field leadership on ER processes and compliances (including disciplinaries grievances, contracts, absence management and TUPE). Risk management of ER cases, through a systematic and analytical approach and sharing of best practises across the regions. Actively manage complex ER matters inc. long term sick
- Working with the leadership teams and HR Advisors support to identify the root cause of store/district/regional performance issues inc. high turnover, then address and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach.
- Analyse key metrics, identify trends then support the creation and implementation of action plans to improve business performance and drive partner engagement across UK Retail
- Support in delivering business plan and key HR metrics for UK
- Lead and champion continuous improvement programs, and act as a change agent
- Partner with relevant support centre functions to ensure delivery, implementation and embedding of key operational/business initiatives.
- Communicate to and update UK business on, all relevant/new employment laws and regulations, ensure compliance in all aspects, and minimise risk to the partners, customers and business.
- Ensure full adherence, utilization and compliance of all company HR tools, practices and policies.
- Act as change agent in managing organisational change, including activities such as restructures, compulsory redundancies and severance schemes etc.
- Support in the implementation and quality assurance of retail training programmes for all store roles (inc DM)
- Drive initiatives to support the licensing business ensuring a cross ownership approach where possible
- Support and implement the work of learning and resourcing professionals for both retail and non-retail learning and engagement strategies and programmes from EMEA
- Conduct needs assessment to determine gaps and leverage Starbucks partner development, processes and systems to enhance organization effectiveness, leadership development, succession planning, performance management, team development and partner capabilities
- Measure learning and development interventions and talent on-boarding to determine business impact
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience working in a medium sized, faced-paced, multi-site business, commercially astute, partnering a business unit/region/division, and as part of a broader HR team member.
- Can take complex concepts and convey them to all levels of the business using language that is clear and precise.
- Knows how to analyse organisational issues and to build strong and effective relationships with business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to coach and guide field leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training programs.
- Strong professionalism understands confidentiality and acts with integrity in all dealings.
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, a commitment and ability to follow tasks through to completion, the ability to work in a methodical and detailed manner, whilst managing and prioritising multiple and sometimes conflicting tasks, is essential.
- Demonstrated excellent customer focus, with a pro-active, mature, positive, action-orientated, and ‘can-do’ attitude is essential.
- Ability to critically review existing practices, processes and procedures and recommend continuous improvement to develop and implement best practise HR initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work in changing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexible to travel nationally
- CIPD qualification (part or fully qualified) desirable
- National travel
- Occasionally may be required to make overnight stays
Starbucks is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce . All applicants and partners will be treated fairly, without regard to race, religion, sex, nationality, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity and expression.
Closing date: 29/06/2021