HR Business Partner
Requisition ID: req12607
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Employment Category: Permanent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: London, UK
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee UK is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 22 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
IRC-UK and IRC Europe
IRC-UK, was established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high-quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender-based violence. IRC-UK comprises approximately 140 staff across five departments.
IRC-UK is part of IRC’s European network of offices which are based in Berlin, Bonn, Geneva, Brussels, and Stockholm.
Purpose of the post
Reporting to the Director of HR Europe, The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a new position at IRC UK and has been created in response to the rapid growth and increased complexity of the organisation. The HRBP will formulate deep partnerships to connect human capital with business objectives and deliver value added service which reflect key organisational priorities. Operating in a highly matrixed environment the HRBP will work closely with global HR colleagues and align interventions and initiatives with the global people agenda and HR strategies. The HRBP will maintain excellent insight into IRC’s culture, its financial position, key business priorities and comparative organisations.
- Business managers in the UK and Brussels, Stockholm
- HR Partners in the US and globally
- Unite the Union Representatives
- All staff
Main tasks and responsibilities
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for management and other positions in the HR department.
- Thought partner and trusted advisor to management colleagues, ensures they have access to knowledge and capability to align HR programmes and practices with key business priorities.
- Leads HR initiatives in the areas of workforce planning, succession, talent management, performance management, employee engagement, diversity, equality and inclusion, and compensation and benefits
- Guides and inputs on business unit restructures and manages processes flowing from these
- Manages and resolves complex employee relation issues and conducts effective investigations, sometimes in conjunction with global employee relations specialists
- Analyses and presents trends and metrics to develop solutions, programmes, and policies.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of the legal context related to day-to-day management of employees, to reduce legal risk and maintain regulatory compliance. Partners with internal and external legal counsel as needed/required.
- Manages relation with union
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance and manages the annual performance review cycle (e.g., coaching, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Collaborates with operational HR team in the delivery of first-class HR service
- Works closely with European HR partners and global HR partners and inputs into the European and global people agenda
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments often in conjunction with the global mobility team- and is key contact with external immigration advisors
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Ability to quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s matrix structure, hierarchy, jobs, areas of responsibility, skills, compensation practices
- Ability to work with global colleagues across multitude time-zones
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, and policies.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems, preferably Workday and Cornerstone
Education and Experience:
Extensive experience of HR business partnering solving complex employee issues including union relations
The deadline for applications is midnight between Tuesday 16th / Wednesday 17th March.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
IRCUK is committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants and employees.
IRC-UK seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious belief, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC-UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role.
Please contact us if you may need such adjustments.If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the UK HR team at [email protected] #IRC-Europe