HR Systems Administrator
Location: We're flexible with where the successful candidate is based, but you'll need to be comfortable travelling to either our London or Bristol office when required.
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we've welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we're working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it's people power that will rewrite history.
So we're building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it's not just a job. It's the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role sits within the Workday Team at OVO, part of the wider Finance function. The team support the entire OVO group, working closely with the People Team by configuring system updates, implementing new functionality and providing the business with accurate headcount and people reports.
What will I be doing?
You'll be the first point of contact for system access queries and requests for our people across OVO, working closely with our People Operations Managers to understand business changes and provide system support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying system issues to resolve promptly and accurately
- Making technical system changes and writing basic reports - you will be trained on cross application services such as reporting and security to be able to do this!
- Supporting with smaller system implementation projects, collecting requirements from the People team to configure solutions in Workday
- Being involved on larger scale projects to roll out system updates
Is this the job for me?
You're a self-motivated problem-solver with superb communication skills and an eye for detail. You don't need extensive experience in a people role but you're a quick learner and keen to understand more around HR systems - we use Workday. You're confident in a constantly evolving environment and know that nothing is impossible!
This is a unique, challenging and exciting role for a HR professional who has 12 months+ experience in HR practices and a great opportunity to upskill into Workday (you don't need prior experience on this system).
Ideally you will have:
- 12 months+ HR experience
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience using a People system
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
- A data orientated approach - you love using data to support decisions
- Proven experience of coordinating, prioritising, and balancing multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of a professional organisation.
- Eagerness to learn and become a subject matter expert in our HR system
You're a self-starter who's happy working independently and being managed remotely.
From us you'll get*
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- Flexible working hours
- And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We're keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We're also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!