-Join us as an Investigation Specialist, where you will use your experience and knowledge to conduct investigations into breaches of Anglo American’s Code of Conduct. Investigations will vary from evaluating complaints of bullying, harassment and victimisation, to allegations of sexual misconduct or discrimination, to complex financial crime concerns. You will be comfortable with stakeholder management, recording investigative activity, and preparing reports for consideration by senior management from our global businesses.
People are our business. You’ll help us find the best.
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives".
As a global organisation of more than 60,000 colleagues, our high performing teams work collaboratively, across borders and time zones, with an innovative approach to performance management that gives them joint responsibility and collective accountability. We celebrate diversity, respecting others, welcoming different points of view and appreciating the richness derived from different backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
- Job Description
-Reporting to the Investigation Manager, the Investigation Specialist will investigate and/or oversee others’ investigations of sensitive and sometimes complex allegations
- Manage a caseload of allegations with varying degrees of complexity and sensitivity, within operational timelines
- Undertake complex and sometimes confrontational interviews to uncover and verify information. However, must be able to sensitively interact with people who may be at risk or vulnerable. Comfortable with online interviews.
- Prepare analytical data and using analysis to conduct and inform investigations
- Assessing evidence and preparing fair and impartial recommendations
- Confidential and sensitive evidence management and review.
- Accurate recording of findings in a case management system.
-Location of role is presently open depending on the right candidate.
- Certified Fraud Examiner or similar accreditation is preferred but not essential.
- Internal investigations experience (financial crime and code of conduct breaches) is preferable. Internal audit experience and an understanding of regulatory and operational risk also considered.
- Mining / Financial services / banking / auditing industry experience is preferable
- Interview experience and report writing skills essential
- Set organisational standards and processes around Governance and Compliance
- Understand impact of potential changes in policies, competition, technology etc
- Possess high levels of attention to detail; organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Comfortable to be mobile and go onsite to do investigations at a mine sites when required. Occasional international travel.
-Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – Diamonds (through De Beers), Copper, Platinum and other precious metals, Iron Ore and Nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
- Generous pension plans
- Subsidised gym memberships
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.
The closing date for this advert is the 31st January 2021