If you are seeking the challenge of working on a brand new social messaging app with advanced payment transactional features, please get in touch. We are seeking a Senior iOS Developer to take on what has been created offshore to point of launch and is now going to be managed and further developed in-house.
Versatility and ability to generate ideas & develop product, the successful candidate will love writing code especially in Swift, have a proven track record of shipping apps to the app store and should be able to work as an independent team member, capable of applying judgment to plan and execute the tasks
Our wish list of skills & experience: -
- At least 5 years proven commercial experience in iOS Development;
- Extensive experience developing native applications for iOS in Swift 4+, CoreData and SQLLite
- Implemented a chat system, and used websockets, for example Firebase RealtimeDb or preferably Twilio’s Programmable Chat iOS SDK
- Demonstrable experience of handling multi-threaded contexts / SQLLite concurrency, especially with background UNNotificationServiceExtension
- Self-managed project management, ability to raise tickets on appropriate tool e.g. JIRA / Trello, respond to PR’s, liaise with senior staff and stakeholders to give realistic timescales during sprint planning and reviews.
- Source control experience a must, with experience of any CI/CD deployment processes highly desired for automated test builds and deployments
- Working with iOS camera at low level essential. Require experience of video / audio compression, live streaming, handling phone orientation fixing e.g. EXIF
- Worked alongside backend developers on N-tiered systems, with demonstrable knowledge of using development tools like Postman and Charles to diagnose and communicate API issues back to the developers when the situation arises along with concise centralised error logging.
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Previous experience of using the VIPER design pattern
- Been a team leader, with desire to continue to mentor developers
- Ability to communicate clearly with other team members, and willingness to engage in discussions to solve technical issues rather than go-it alone.
- Learned about distributed systems / micro services, and understand concepts such as event sourcing, FIFO queues, eventual consistency
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £55,000.00-£75,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Pension
- Swift: 2 years (Required)
- iOS: 4 years (Required)
- Camera/Audio: 1 year (Preferred)