Junior Sales Guardian @ Ted Baker - London
2 months ago
Junior Sales Guardian
Ted Baker - London
Ted’s Guide to what the Junior Sales Guardian does around here
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Working within the Global Wholesale Team, as part of the global sale team. You will be responsible for a group of trustees within Ted’s distribution portfolio. You will be responsible for selling, trading and managing relationships.
- Maintaining and servicing relationships with trustees
- Present seasonal collections with an objective of reaching sales plans and targets.
- Being responsible for booking forward sales appointments in the selling diary.
- Liaising with Wholesale Merchandisers, Allocators and the Operations department on a daily basis to resolve any issues pertaining to trustees.
The job in more detail
- Presenting the Collection to a range of trustees, chasing orders and processing orders to agreed deadlines
- Understanding different trustee requirements and working to these in terms of selection from range to enable a cohesive representation of the brand within store.
- Ensuring that forecasted targets are met with each trustee and reporting back with an explanation to management when this has not been achieved.
- Responsible for NuORDER set up ahead of selling campaign
- Managing your showroom and everything that is required when setting up a new season and then maintaining it to a high standard throughout.
- Outside of the selling season you will be required to carry out Trustee visits and provide stores with product training.
- Communicate with Press and Marketing with requests from Trustees.
- General trustee enquires will need to be tended to with regards to orders, deliveries, stock, sell through and any other pending issues they may have.
- Filing of all your sales orders
- Maintaining an up to date contact list of all trustees, contact details and addresses.
- Will be required to send out samples to trustees and manage the goods in and out of the business.
- Monitoring and being reactive with regards to sell through reports from trustees. These should be sent through on a weekly basis.
- Actioning of mail outs to all Trustees when new additional product is added into the range mid-season.
- Help organise best and worst seller’s meetings at the end of every season to feedback sales results and any issues that have arisen throughout the selling season. Buying, production and merchandising to attend.
- Attend sales meetings weekly throughout the season to feedback to the team on any outstanding issues, problematic trustees, good news and other general information that needs to be shared amongst the team.
Merchandising, Allocators and Operations:
- Work with the Allocating team on a daily basis to help them answer trustee queries.
- Liaise with the Operations Team and Credit Control to set up new trustee accounts.
Tools of the Trade…
- Selling experience within a Wholesale Fashion Sales environment preferably a designer brand.
- Good knowledge of the Wholesale market place, high street and fashion trends.
- Good computer skills are required in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of AX and NuORDER, but training can be provided.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work towards set targets.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Able to prioritise efficiently and work to deadlines.
- Have the ability to be able to work within a close team environment and an understanding that during seasonal selling periods a certain amount of flexibility will be required to the working day.
Ted’s Core Competencies…
- Satisfy the needs of our customer, always
- Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity
- Build open and honest relationships with clear communication
- Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration
- Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed
- Take ownership, be accountable
- Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Our 100-strong team based across London, Manchester & Mumbai have the capability, creativity and commercialism to provide creative solutions for our clients…
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
Our famous staff discount along with exclusive staff sales. Studio Production produces world-class visual assets for NET-A-PORTER, MR PORTER, YOOX, THE OUTNET…
Proactively assist with business development efforts including progressing leads to opportunities and converting successfully to sales.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
Our famous staff discount along with exclusive staff sales. With a focus on exceptional customer service, THE OUTNET offers a seamless shopping experience…
¾ Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members. ¾ Develop and foster a “partnership” approach and maintain regular liaison with occupiers, both…
You will coach more junior product managers and engage in problem-solving (e.g., prioritisation, potential solutions) with them.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
Our famous staff discount along with exclusive staff sales. With YOOXMIRROR, a virtual styling suite driven by AI, YOOX offers a ground-breaking customer…
TOG (The Office Group
Mentor junior members of the management accounts team, many of whom are studying. Review the work of the AR/AP teams, ensuring correct posting of all sales and…
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
Coach more junior members of the team in technology and working practices. Candidate will be involved in providing all DevOps capabilities for the Site…
Poundland & Dealz
Based at our offices in Watford, you will report to the Senior Designer and will support design for your department, developing the product strategy in…
Producing sell-in material for the sales team to use in customer meetings. The Group Sales Operations department is looking for a temporary Sales Operations…
Monitor staff service levels in order to maximise store sales. Ensure the personal appearance of sales staff is in line with company guidelines.
Deliver sales forecasting and reporting, and drive enhancements to the processes involved. Support the sales teams, Publishers and the Executive in developing…
European Information Technology
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting customers and colleagues with project support queries relating to internal IT issues or product…
AML Right Source
You will be working alongside a fellow Product Designer and a Junior Designer. You will form part of the wider product function working alongside Product…
Disney Theatrical Group
Actively leading on the sales floor, driving sales and service goals. Sets and communicates sales goals. Ability to cope with sustained periods of peak sales,…
You will be responsible for supporting the Digital Design team by designing & building weekly newsletters, design & scheduling bi-weekly content on the…
The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Assist in monitoring the output of more junior lawyers and administration support colleagues. Work with sales team to structure, progress and support…
Management and tutoring of more junior members of the team with the potential of having direct reports. As a Paid Media Manager, you’ll help manage our Paid…
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Coaching and development of junior team members to bring them up the curve, both on the job and through trainings. High Yield Bonds (and bridges thereto);
Track record in driving revenue opportunities, including technical pre-sales experience, tender responses, and customer presentations.
You will provide a UK based central merchandising function for our International Merchandising team, who managed the merchandise for 28 stores in Spain to…
Experience working and creating direct marketing material and point of sale for retail. Design and layout of point of sale materials for retail, visual retail…
While in lockdown you'll have to develop your own at home routine, but jump on morning stand up over zoom with the rest of team to plan the day and get that…