Lead Backend Engineer
24 days ago
Today, billions of lives are cut short by illness. Unfulfilled dreams, uncompleted work, time spent with loved ones — think what we could collectively achieve if we all lived longer. Huma partners with scientists, technologists, healthcare, and pharma professionals to understand, treat, and ultimately prevent ill health. Giving knowledge and power to those with medical conditions, while saving clinicians time, energy, and valuable resources.
At Huma, you’ll be working on a mission to create a world where we all collectively benefit from the data we individually generate – where we can all live our longest, fullest lives.
Learn more about Huma here.
The Engineering team is made up of talented, resourceful, fun loving individuals with a drive to build a product that solves one of the biggest global challenges – human longevity. Every day we work at the bleeding edge of technology to build secure, reliable, scalable solutions that will allow each doctor to treat thousands of patients more effectively.
Leading our Back End Engineering Team, you'll be responsible for building the products that help us extend life. By helping to architect and build solutions, you'll champion the user, Clinicians or Patients and help us create amazing products which bring natural adherence and enthusiasm for use. You'll be happy driving us towards the right solutions and be unafraid of real data proving you wrong.
What you will be doing
- Perform expert-level systems AWS/GCP development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering
- Providing continuous improvements in the way we collect and provide data for all teams to use when making decisions
- Improving our deployment pipeline to reduce the time taken to get changes into production
- Providing necessary data and functionality to our frontend developers, whether directly or through well-designed APIs
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Be a part of a self organising, results oriented Agile team to ship new product
- Working closely with Data Scientists in understanding the needs and implementation of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep learning applications
Your skills & capabilities
- You’re an outside-the-box thinker and love a challenge
- You can easily shift from supporting your fellow engineers to getting head down; efficiently and effectively coding
- 5+ years of Python experience (3.7+ preferred)
- Strong expertise working with Docker / Kubernetes in production
- NoSQL or SQL database experience, ideally MongoDB
- Message broker knowledge
- Comfortable using Linux command line and open source tools
- Passionate about working with the latest technologies
- BSc degree in a Mathematical, Physics or Computer Science related discipline or equivalent.
Come join us!
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We are an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work
If there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please get in touch.
To all recruitment agencies: Huma does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Huma employees or any other organization location. Huma is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.