Lead Developer API (f/m/d)
Role Title: Lead Developer API (f/m/d)
If you love to work with:
API Management platforms, internet technologies such as REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, OAuth2, Java Script, Node JS, AWS, Google Cloud, AI, Agile, CI/CD automated pipeline, Anthos
Vodafone offers a wide array of services to hundreds of major business partners and millions of customers. These include identification & authentication, charging, location-based and self-service capabilities for multiple consumer and enterprise Customers Services around the world and Consumer IoT, Chatbot, AI capabilities and many more – all driven by APIs provided by the Digital API Exposure team. We enable, orchestrate and expose our Digital Capabilities to third parties and Vodafone Services.
Our Platforms are hosted on cloud based infrastructure (AWS & Google), running 350+ APIs and processing millions of transactions per day. The monitoring relies on the latest and most innovative Analytics mechanisms and tools. Our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) aims to be fully automated, extremely simplified and reliable.
You will act as a Lead Developer guiding our Digital API Exposure scrum teams. You will lead the design and development within our agile team and will work in close cooperation with off- shore Solution Designer, Systems Architect and Developers.
Your strong analytical, functional, technical and communication skills are essential for this role, in order to gather information, lead the developers and technical leads & communicate with the stakeholders.
You will strongly influence the governance of the evolution of our portfolio, ensuring the compliance with the technology and security golden rules.
You will lead the product and service development by building new products and new features to existing ones, based on existing capabilities, vendors or developing new ones.
Your pragmatic and problem solving approach will let you contribute with a simple, efficient and stable capabilities.
With us you will:
- Work in an agile environment, with a motivated team distributed across Europe & India
- Work with local and remote stakeholders and their multi-national and multi-location teams
- Work closely with Solution Architect and contribute towards end-to-end design
- Actively influence the Vodafone API Architects community and Architectural Boards
- Ensures Scrum Team deliverables are meeting design and implementation standards
- Mentor development teams on technical delivery
- Work closely with Cyber security to protect our APIs and Cloud estate
- Have access to and work with innovative technologies
- Exploiting out of the box API Management Platform features and common policies developed
- Ensure performance optimization and security of APIs exposed via the platform
Apply if you have:
Professional experience and knowledge of:
Development in IT
Balanced mix of business and technical analysis skills.
Deep understanding of API (REST / SOAP) and API integration (including provisioning, login, charging and transaction).
Proven working experience in large distributed & scalable architecture solutions
Strong knowledge in internet technologies such as REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, OAuth2, Java Script, Node JS, TDD