Lead iOS Developer
Recognised as one of the fastest growing Companies in the UK, it's a really exciting time to be joining END. If you're positive, passionate and dedicated and want to be part of our future success this could be the role for you.
LEAD iOS DEVELOPER - FULL TIME, LONDON
Over the last 15 years, END. has evolved into a technology led retailer that provides luxury and contemporary menswear and exclusive sneaker drops to a global audience. One of the most influential, forward-thinking and inspirational menswear companies in the world, we have fresh products hitting our website daily and our service never stops.
END. prides itself on delivering a first-class customer experience, which has underpinned our success. With over 2 million customers we deliver to over 80 countries around the world and our online business is complimented by our industry leading retail stores in Newcastle, Glasgow and London.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our iOS team for a Lead iOS Developer. The iOS Lead will play a vital role in building and running the day-to-day of your team, focusing on the big picture to support and grow their team by sharing experience and skills to help develop their team members. They will be hands on to solve difficult technical problems whilst considering performance, quality and security. They will devise elegant and creative solutions to challenging problems, highlight issues with existing architecture and tidy it up.
What you'll be doing:
- Management responsibility for our existing team of developers
- Recruit new developers and ensure processes are scalable as the team grows
- Work with Product Managers to ensure Chapter requirements are captured and planned during sprint planning
- Provide technical guidance when planning major new features or refactors
- Ultimate accountability for the technical architecture of the application, running it in production, monitoring, logging etc.
- Know when to step in and support your team by getting your hands dirty
- Inspire and support the developers in your team
- Take ownership and drive change wherever possible.
What you'll be able to demonstrate:
Skills and experience
- Responsible for the management of a department of significant importance to the business. Takes the initiative to keep own and subordinates' skills and knowledge of their technical or professional specialty up to date. Broad and comprehensive technical understanding of different operational practises and systems across the department and function
- In-depth understanding of how all of the departments within the function interact and collaborate across the business to achieve business objectives. Understanding of the industry, commercial awareness with knowledge of challenges and changes in the sector.
- Leadership and management responsibility for teams within the department along with financial accountability for independent budgets delivered through teams.
- Analyse and interpret data from both internal and external sources, understanding the root cause of problems and development solutions using judgement in complex situations, continuously raising the bar. Looks to remove complexity where possible to focus on individual and departmental priorities.
- Responsibility for departmental planning, finances/budgets and end results. Makes decisions which impact the achievement of functional objectives and financial performance. Has influence over resources, operational practices and planning. Has accountability for end results of the department, impacting the function's overall performance and end results. Positively impacts customer experience through the performance of the department.
- Strong communication and influencing skills. Able to exchange ideas and information effectively in a clear, concise and straightforward way. Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders including peers, senior leaders and team members and external stakeholders where required to achieve functional objectives.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Team social events paid for through our Rewards Fund
- R&D opportunities and twice-yearly Hackathons — it's important to us that everyone in our team is immersed in Tech and has time to play and innovate
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- Unlimited pats with our office dog — Insta-famous @iamfrankiethepomsky
- Eye-test vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Our core values underpin everything we do as a business. We always put our customers first, are passionate and dedicated and strive for excellence. To achieve this, we are positive and collaborative and keep it simple.
If you have what it takes to be part of our future success, we want to hear from you.
Please note - for the successful candidate, any employment is conditional on you having the right to work in the UK in the role in which you are employed.
Type of employment: Permanent, full-time