Lead Oracle Cloud Technical Consultant
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1400 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards
As the Oracle Cloud Applications Technical Lead, you will be responsible for leading Version 1 teams across one or many client engagements where Version 1 are implementing of Oracle ERPM & HCM Cloud Technologies. You will provide leadership to Version 1 and Customer colleagues across key technical streams such as Data Migration, Integration, PaaS Extensions and Reporting. You will hold a senior role within the project team and have overall delivery responsibility for all technical deliverables within the project or project(s), working alongside the project manager, and colleagues in functional, testing, change management, support and architecture roles to ensure the successful go live of cloud application solutions.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following qualities
- You’ll have a proven track record of successful delivery and lead experience in a consulting organisation
- You’ll be comfortable in presenting concepts to a variety of stakeholders and have strong influencing and negotiating skills to ensure the most appropriate solution is delivered to meet the client requirements
- You’ll be an experienced Technical Lead and have led and directed teams consisting of both customer and SI resources in complex project environments where Oracle Cloud Applications have been deployed.
- You’ll be a hands-on technical leader in defining and delivering solutions and driving a culture of continuous improvement and strong communications and collaboration among the technical team
- You’ll be an energetic and creative problem solver with technical curiosity to ensure evolving technology is exploited to solve emerging customer challenges
- You’ll be a strong planner, comfortable with estimating and preparing delivery plans and executing them and have experience in motivating a team to deliver to deadlines
- You will have a track record in building and developing teams, working with a mix of skillsets across geographic locations
- You will ensure work is delivered to timeline and budget and identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early.
- You will play a key role in the production and maintenance of the technical artefacts needed to deliver our solutions, ensuring our solutions meet the high-quality expectations of our customers
- Build strong relationships with the senior management team within the practice with respect to timelines, budget and resource usage
You will have experience in the Oracle ERP, EPM or HCM application domains (e.g. E-Business Suite, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards, Cloud Applications) and will appreciate the challenges faced by customers and technical teams in migrating to Cloud Applications and PaaS technologies such as OIC and OAC. Solid SQL, PL/SQL, XML and XSLT knowledge and experience, BI Publisher experience and a strong understanding of interface mechanisms in and out of Oracle Cloud including Web Services, APIs and File Based Data Import and Export (FBDI & HDL).
In addition to this :
- Experience producing technical specifications in a Fusion Cloud/Middleware environment
- Integration experience essential, ideally with OICS or at minimum a recognised middleware solution ODI, MQ\Websphere, Biztalk, Boomi, Mulesoft. Must have a clear understanding of relevant integration patterns in a SaaS environment.
- Proven Lead Consultant experience with strong planning, estimating & preparing delivery plans.
- Experience in developing and architecting PaaS applications e.g. Java CS, APEX CS, Visual Builder etc.
- Experience working with customers directly including technical architects, functional consultants and developer.
- Strong consultancy skills including consulting experience with blue chip companies engaging with Senior Management and Director/CIO level as appropriate for organization size.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
Suzanne Whelan,Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!