Leadership Development Lead
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes. eBay Marketplaces operates in 190 markets around the world.
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of !
We are searching for an experienced Leadership & Organizational Development practitioner to help us increase our impact through the design and implementation of experiential leadership solutions at the senior leadership level. You will also have experience in talent management processes and succession planning. Having a strong knowledge and skill set in OD and being a pragmatic and broad practitioner with a solid business acumen is essential.
What you'll do:
Residing in the Global People Development team, this role will blur organizational boundaries, and support business alignment and cohesion in our approaches and practices. The person will be accountable for the design, deployment and embedding of tools and solutions that support the development of agile teams and meet the organization-wide needs of eBay.
- Understand core business needs, and develop practical and relevant strategies and solutions to support the effectiveness of leaders across ebay
- Design and implementation of experiential leadership solutions to accelerate the development of our senior leadership pipeline
- Support the embedding of a new leadership framework and behaviours within the business
- Establish a data-based approach to strategy – driving innovative ways to needs identification and evaluation; metrics, insight and action
- Create innovative yet pragmatic approaches to engage business leaders in the adoption of global initiatives
- Manage the evaluation and continuous improvement initiatives and deliverables
Who you are:
- You are a collaborative partner! Working regularly with a highly diverse team of HR, operations, learning & development folks, senior leaders and business partners spread throughout the globe.
- Business Savvy: you are familiar with business strategy and the drivers of organizational performance
- Be seen and recognized as a thought and practice leader! You recognize and build on our organizational strengths but bring new perspective and ideas to the team.
- A systems thinker, you are used to working at both the individual, team and organizational level
- Change Leadership: You confidently build and communicate a case for change, drawing on data as appropriate
- Know how to understand and draw insights from data to inform decision making, helping to improve employee, team and organization success.
- Customer Orientation: Focus on customer outcomes and business enablement
- Strategic with a ‘hands on’ approach: Balance setting strategy with executing brilliantly. Lead with focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to lead through influence in highly matrixed organizations with executive presence and credibility.
- Strong expertise in the Learning and Development field at the enterprise level; with some experience in a leadership role.
- Proven expertise in Leadership and Organizational Development methodologies with the ability to stay on top of industry trends, emerging practices and technologies.
- Prior HR experience a plus.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.