London - Graduate Programme 2021 - Risk Chief of Staff
Who we are
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
RISK Global Markets ("RISK GM") is responsible for the monitoring of market, liquidity and counterparty risks of the BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) perimeter. RISK GM helps the Group senior management, the RISK Function and Global Markets to make the best choices by anticipating on events and finding the right balance between profitability and long term protection of the Bank. RISK GM is organised into 3 streams (Market Risk, Counterparty and Financing Risk, Transaction and Electronic Trading), present in 14 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Americas.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The RISK Department is a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, which aims to foster individual initiatives and innovation.
Within this position, you will work with the RISK UK Chief of Staff who’s role is to assist and advise the UK
CRO on immediate day-to-day activities and the strategic risk management. Typical missions will include:
- Management forums: Preparations for management committees and Townhalls and follow up of actions and initiatives.
- Communications: Participating in the organisation of internal comms and events such as RISK talks, other risk culture events, breakfasts with new joiners/talents and senior management, volunteering and team social events.
- Innovation: Assist in the process of fostering innovation within the department. You will also help to define the local RISK UK innovative strategy in cooperation with the Innovation champion network. You may also have opportunity to work on various innovative projects.
- Human Resources: Assist in the organisation and management of the RISK UK Talent Programme (training and coaching programme) in partnership with local HR. there may also be opportunity to join the Charity engagement committee and the RISK UK Social committee.
- Logistics/Office Management: You will be in charge of office management and the database in partnership with the facilities team. You will also contribute to the Flex office transformation of the department. You will also follow evolutions in local budget monitoring as developed by the COS.
- The role will also comprise two additional elements as follows:
- Climate Risk: to support the ESG Competence centre in various ad-hoc climate risk studies/data acquisition.
- Permanent Control: to support the permanent control (RISK UK OPC) team time permitting.
- Strong interest in high level staff management/logistics
- Capable of participating in large strategic projects and multi-tasking
- Ability to work autonomously
- Coding/ Automation skills are pre-requisite, as the candidate will have to automate some process.
- IT Basics: Strong in Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint. OneNote skills are an advantage
- Fluent in English
Opening Date: 13th May 2021
Closing Date: 3rd June 2021