M&A Executive, Life Sciences & Healthcare - Corporate Finance, London
The Life Sciences and Healthcare Corporate Finance (“LSHCF”) team is a part of EY UK’s 200 person Corporate Finance practice.
The team advises private equity, corporate and entrepreneurial clients on strategic reviews, acquisitions, disposals, mergers, leveraged transactions and finance raisings and currently has a healthy book of live deals and near-term opportunities.
The team is looking for a highly motivated Executive to support with deal execution and deal origination.
The role will be London-based, predominantly covering England and Wales, but will include frequent collaboration with other London-based sector teams, including TMT and Real Estate; regional teams in Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol and Scotland; and the Global network of Life Sciences and Healthcare sector specialists.
Your Key Responsibilities
We would like to meet candidates for an Executive role as we look to strengthen the LSHCF team in London and to grow the execution and origination capabilities in line with the increased levels of M&A activity we are seeing in the market.
Corporate Finance Executives play a key role in the LSHCF team and advise on a wide variety of corporate transactions, interacting with clients and other professionals such as bankers and lawyers, take a lead role in the preparation of Business Plans and Information Memoranda, and are closely involved in deal negotiation.
Skills and Attributes for success
- Structuring and modelling the financial implications of transactions;
- Valuation analysis, including trading multiples, transaction multiples, LBO and DCF modelling;
- Research and analysis of key value drivers at a market and business level;
- Researching and profiling potential acquisition targets and prospective buyers and presenting the strategic rationale for potential transactions;
- Preparation of pitch documentation;
- Preparation of client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals including information memoranda, business plans;
- Provision of creative solutions to transaction issues;
- Effective communication of findings of work to clients;
- Ability to work autonomously and ensure that all tasks are efficiently completed;
- Strong time management skills, including informing the team of progress and highlighting any issues (as appropriate);
- Pro-actively building and developing a network of internal and external relationships amongst professional intermediaries, private equity houses, corporate targets and clients;
To qualify for the role you must have
- Possession of an accounting / finance qualification or similar;
- Strong academic background;
- Several (2) years of Corporate Finance advisory or related experience;
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to absorb new technical information quickly and develop a deep understanding of tasks;
- An interest in the Life Sciences and Healthcare, Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions markets.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Strong project management, organisational and team management skills;
- Ability to work autonomously (“self-starter”), under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to build effective working relationships with individuals, organisations and clients;
- Committed to business development;
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed;
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to apply this to real world situations;
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, consultative in nature with a passion for Corporate Finance. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly across a range of projects and requiring varied skills sets. As a member of an integrated global network of talented advisers you will be working in a dynamic and diverse environment. Through both formal and on the job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective adviser, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and the team’s performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. In addition, EY offers:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.