Manager - Healthcare and Life Sciences – Strategy and Value Creation
Working as part of this dedicated and newly formed Strategy and Value Creation (SVC) team, you will be working through complex and challenging issues facing clients today. You’ll have the opportunity to offer strategic advice on business and operating models across the economic cycle from both an organic and transaction perspective. It’s an exciting time to join this team as we accelerate momentum and growth in our priority sectors and clients with our dedicated strategy practitioners working together, sharing ideas and creating innovative, market leading solutions for our clients.
Introduction and context:
The Healthcare and Life Sciences Strategy team within SVC is looking to hire an exceptional Manager in our London office. You’ll be a professional, talented individual with a passion for identifying and creating innovative solutions for clients.
Our Vision is to be the most relevant strategic advisors in Healthcare and Life Sciences, working with CEOs and top management teams to shape thinking and solve the most critical strategic issues by bringing together the full breadth of the firm’s capabilities. As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, you’ll have the opportunity to offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients. You will also receive a superior level of coaching and support to meet the needs of our global client base
Role and responsibilities
To be an effective Strategy Manager, you’ll undertake the following:
- Be the day to day / key client contact on engagements
- Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with mid-level executives
- Manage workstreams / mid-sized projects delivering quality output on time, to budget and in compliance with KPMG engagement and risk management practices
- Design, shape and co-ordinate the preparation of deliverables that span multiple workstreams, identifying insight and the ‘so what’
- Anticipate and develop the answers to potential questions and challenges from the client
- Support Partners / Directors / Associate Directors community in business development activities
- Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
- Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
You will have relevant experience in one or more of our key propositions (or similar):
Organic and Inorganic Growth strategy: help clients create a clear path to achieve their growth ambition through consideration of their markets, customers and propositions to create a sustainable strategy. In Healthcare and Life Sciences we focus on Commercial Strategy, which includes, for example, launch and commercialisation strategy, pricing and market access, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and LoE strategy. In terms of inorganic growth, we work both buy side and sell side, supporting our clients throughout the life cycle of a transaction including target identification, red flag analysis, commercial due diligence, business planning etc.
You’ll also have experience of developing pitches and proposals to win new work.
We are seeking a Strategy Manager with sectoral experience in Healthcare and Life Sciences. This ensures that you have the sector knowledge needed to make a real impact with our clients, and you can build the networks to make the role a success.
As such, you should have:
Experience in consulting clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology and/or public/private healthcare spaces.
To be a successful Manager you’ll be able to demonstrate these five key characteristics:
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Intellectually curious
- Structured thinker
- Able to justify and defend a point of view
- Able to build relationships
- Demonstrates a track record of interest in the workplace and achievement beyond the realms of project work
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal development
- An academic background (e.g. BSc, MSc, PhD, MD, MPharm or post doc) or equivalent experience
- An industry background in healthcare and life sciences is desirable but not necessary
- Strong Strategy Consulting experience, ideally in the healthcare and life sciences industry, though this sectoral expertise is not necessarily required if you have academic and/or industry experience in this sector
- Able to provide insights and has points of view in the Healthcare and Life Sciences sector
- Positive team influence
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Give regular feedback to team members and 360 feedback to
- Associate Directors, Directors, Partners
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little guidance to lead teams to achieve results
- Coaches and mentors client and KPMG team members and appraisees