Manager, Cybersecurity - Data Protection & Privacy, London
Manager, Data Protection and Privacy
Cybersecurity and its related challenges are a rapidly growing field. As such, the opportunities for careers in cybersecurity are also growing. Physically and electronically securing an organisation infrastructure is one of the steps to creating a secure environment. EY is rapidly growing and investing its Cybersecurity consulting practice
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a meaningful and fulfilling career, with global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology, to become the best version of you.
The team you join - EY’s UK & Ireland Cyber Practice is part of a global cyber team of over 5,000 professionals focused on developing and delivering cutting edge security transformation programmes, cyber threat management, identity and access management, security architecture, data protection and privacy, and resilience services. We are part of a wider advisory organisation that collectively comprises a $4B, and growing, global consulting practice with 18,000 professionals. At EY, we have large scale plans to expand our already market leading Cyber Security practice and anticipate continued growth throughout the next five years. We need excellent people to join us and be part of our exciting growth strategy.
Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is looking for team members who can create, assess, advise and implement secure Data Protection and Privacy strategy and/or can advise on matters surrounding data protection/privacy, including regulatory mandates, technologies and market trends. This role will see you take a key position in developing EY’s Data Protection and Privacy capabilities, including working with alliance partners.
The role will see you providing specialist advice as part of large multi-discipline EY engagement teams working on engagements that include implementation of data centric technology; compliance with privacy regulation; policies, processes and organisational requirements; consumer privacy, privacy ethics; data governance, data loss prevention and cross-border data flows.
You will also work with colleagues in the UK and globally to develop new and innovative Data Protection and Privacy solutions specific industry propositions that solve client problems/issues and integrates with their overall IT delivery and support strategy.
In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity work across all aspects of Cyber, Technology and business solutions.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing a portfolio of Data Protection and Privacy engagements with our clients, responsible for the day to day running of the engagements including meeting quality, time and budget targets
- Working with prospective clients to agree, scope and plan the delivery phase of engagements
- Contributing to developing the market for Data Protection and Privacy across all sectors, identifying sales opportunities and working with senior practice leaders and market leaders in the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Leading and developing team members by sharing knowledge, acting as mentor and coach to them and leading by example
- Creating thought leadership and market materials for selling and promoting EY Cyber and Data Protection and Privacy Security offerings
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Be a good communicator with the ability to contribute assuredly to Data Protection and Privacy and broader security discussions with peers and management
- Be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value of teamwork, facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
- Structure and manage projects which meet client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional experience operating as a Data Protection or Privacy related role in a management capacity
- Experience and working knowledge of privacy regulation and data protection technology
- Understanding of the Data Protection and Privacy market
- Experience in leading, managing and coaching others in the development and delivery of complex client programs and/or proposition development
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Security relation qualifications such as CISSP or CIPP/T or CIPP/E or CIPP/M or equivalent
- Key sector experience in one or more of the following: Government & Public sector / Energy & Utilities / Retail and Consumer products / Life sciences / Telecoms, Media and Technology / Transport
- Proven track record of supporting business development
- Professional services experience working as a consultant with market leading organisations in the delivery of their Data Protection and Privacy program or related initiatives
What we look for
- Core consulting skills- Advanced data and evidence management, client management on remediation programmes, driving innovation and continuous improvement
- Technical skills- Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
- Market/Sector knowledge- Demonstrable market/sector expertise in your field
- Versatility- Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, tax, and strategy and transaction services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!