Markets Practice Group - Finance Lawyer - Assistant Vice President
The role is based at 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf in London with the rest of the CIB Legal department which occupies the 23rd floor.
- Providing assistance to the business (Sales and Structuring) to structure complex deals, including reviewing term sheets, identifying legal and implementation issues relevant to a transaction, and providing general support and advice.
- Working with the business (Structuring and Trading) and external counsel to manage transactions, including the drafting of bilateral and syndicated facility agreements and foreign law security documentation in respect of the full range of fund lending products, including in respect of NAV/asset-backed and hybrid facilities, secondary funds facilities, subscription lines, co-investment facilities and other types of liquidity facilities provided to funds.
- Working closely with external counsel to resolve complex legal issues and to ensure the smooth running of transactions, with attention also given to the careful management of legal spend.
- Assisting and advising on regulatory change and implementation affecting the businesses.
Liaising with other internal departments such as Compliance, Credit and Risk, with the ability to explain complex legal structures and field questions around insolvency and enforcement.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience :
We are looking for someone who:
- is licensed to practice law in England or a similar jurisdiction
- is a team player, confident and proactive, enjoys working closely with Sales, Trading and Structuring
- has exceptional organisational and communication skills
- has excellent drafting skills
- has attention to detail
- is experienced with fund finance and derivatives documentation (or a willingness to learn)
- is interested in transactional work, including regulatory implementation
- has good commercial awarenessJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.