MTFO Tech Specialist
Join a highly-skilled, high-performance development team at the heart of IG's future product line in the MTF team
Accelerate your career
The MTF team is a diverse and inclusive agile team which delivers their work in line with IG's values: champion the client, lead the way and love what we do. Our team has very recently built a brand-new trading venue for IG's MTF (multilateral trading facility) Turbo products. After a successful launch, now is the time to scale the product in order to be able to accommodate our market's demand. We are developing brand new features and expanding our product offering to engage a new wave of adventurous customers. Would you like to come onboard and help us achieving it? We're looking for a senior Java backend developer willing to take the next step in their career and join a team of highly motivated individuals who are part of a collaborative team in which we help each other grow. This is a great opportunity which will give you the chance to learn re-usable skills in the world of realtime on-exchange trading. You will be exposed to the full life cycle of an on-exchange (DMA) instrument, from issuance to continuous trading on an order book, post-trade settlement, transaction reporting, and expiry.
Some of the technologies and frameworks we work with: Java, Spring, Kafka, LLM, FIX, Oracle, Flyway, Puppet, Docker, Git, Jira, cucumber, Reuters RFA/RMDS/TREP, Jenkins, Grafana, Splunk, maven, gradle, Scrum, TDD… InfluxDB/Grafana FIX/QuickfixJ ..
Who we are
Founded in 1974, we invented the concept of financial spread betting. Today, we’re the world’s No.1 spread betting and CFD provider, with offices in 14 countries and over 195,000 clients worldwide. Recognised as one of Britain’s top employers, it’s no surprise that this success has come from empowering our people to be brave, innovative and inspiring. Join us, and you’ll find the perfect place to showcase your talents and passion. Your achievements will be
recognised, and you’ll have the support of a collaborative global team
Where you’ll work
As part of a connected global team, you’ll come to work in a friendly and dynamic environment. Our comfortable, cutting-edge offices contain everything you need to succeed: • Agile workspaces and hot desks • Private quiet rooms • Breakout and refreshment areas Our team is based in Cannon Bridge House, a minute walk from Cannon Street station and 3 minute walk from Bank. It’s located in the heart of the City of London, a vibrant area full of restaurants, bars and shops. We have a flexible working culture which is shaped around the needs of our team members, including working from home and flexible working hours to accommodate personal matters. We collaborate with teams in other locations like Frankfurt, Krakow, Chicago and Bangalore. There are travelling opportunities for those interested!
How you’ll progress
Your development is as important to us as it is to you. You’ll be rewarded for hard work here, with support to get better at what you do. We work in a fast-paced project environment where change is constant. If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll have opportunities to try new things and broaden your skills quickly through exposure to the executive team and new experiences. IG supports their tech employees in being up to speed with latest technologies. We offer a budget for you to be able to attend conferences, like QCon, and we bring onsite training whenever there's a business need. There are constant opportunities for growth. Talent is fairly recognised and we encourage our employees to openly talk about their career aspirations. Our tech leads are commited to help each and every member of their team to succeed.
What you’ll get
As well as having the chance to attend regular social events, get funding for your charitable endeavours and join a range of special interest groups, you’ll receive an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
- Flexible working hours and work-from–home opportunities
- Performance-related bonuses
- Pension, insurance and medical plans
- Career-focused technical and leadership training
- Contribution to gym memberships and more
- Birthday off
- Two volunteering days leave per year
We have an active Diversity and Inclusion group for Technology who is committed to maintaining our great culture. Everyone is welcome to join it! We organise internal and external events related to technology, leadership and D&I, we sponsor tech conferences out there, run internal initiatives to help people become better speakers and many more.
What you’ll do
- Java Software Development within IG’s brand-new MTF trading venue. This is a server-side role in a green-fields high-throughput low-latency trading system
- Taking ownership of technical sub-projects, from requirements gathering through to successful operation in Production
- Front-office liaison with IG’s exchange operations staff, developers, project management and risk/compliance personnel
- Use of standard Agile development lifecycle: Analysis, Design, Unit Testing, and Release of code
- Technically mentoring other members of the development team and showing technical leadership/creativity
- Secondary support of systems (we have a dedicated first line support team in Bangalore)
Who you’ll be
We’re looking for a flexible, self-starting, enthusiastic team-player who will be willing and able to help colleagues. Someone with excellent communication skills, who is delivery conscious and flexible to change of priorities and requirements. A quick learner who can find patterns in complexity. Responsible and motivated, with a desire to understand the business. Able to work outside own comfort zone to advance own skills and departmental/company competencies. You’ll need experience in:
- 10+ years Java (jdk 8+) development experience and related technologies
- Expert in multi-threading / concurrent programming in Java. Excellent knowledge of standard Java data structures and related packages. Ability to write highly performant code
- Extensive experience of large, complex software systems, especially distributed systems requiring low latency and high throughput
- Design and architecture experience
- Some finance knowledge/experience, especially electronic trading, FIX protocol
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, Kafka, Docker or similar technologies
- First-class English-language communication skills
We’re looking for tenacious, curious, eager and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership. People who embody our three core values – who want to champion the client, lead the way and love what we do. We recruit based on excellence, and believe that diversity is vital to success. We have zero tolerance for bullying, harassment or any other behaviour that stifles innovation and collaboration
From the team:
If you're willing to make the next move in your career and this challenge sounds like the right one for you, please talk to us!
Number of openings1