Network Engineer - CCNA-CCNP
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an IT Network Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Corporate IT (CIT) Network Engineer role will work as a single point of contact for all corporate networking requirements for Visa Europe. The role will report to the Head of Technology CIT in Europe, but will be an integral part of the wider global CIT Network with the resource being available globally and across all departments. International travel is therefore expected and will be focused mainly in the EMEA area. The majority of the work will entail building and replacing network equipment in European regional offices with an element of third level support. Second level support of network operations will be shared with the European Operations & Infrastructure (EO&I) departments that are currently performing this work. Engineers will be expected to advise and aid project managers/stake holders in any new work that is to be undertaken. The role will be customer facing and will interact with a wide range of stakeholders across the global organisation.
The engineers will be expected to work largely under their own autonomy, but they will work within a framework of policies and procedures that align with both global CIT network engineering and Visa Europe network design part of EO&I.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Design, plan and implement LAN, WLAN and wireless networks in a corporate network environment. In line with global corporate IT policies, designs, configurations and strategies
- All network infrastructure configurations, builds and implementation
- Level three support functions will need to be performed on an ad hoc basis
- Report WAN problems to the IP WAN Engineering (BT in Europe)
- Interface with other technical departments to ensure the correct data paths are in place for users to access systems in the corporate environment
- Vulnerability and software patch management of the network infrastructure
- Provide third level technical support to network support team to resolve network issues.
- Escalate problems related to bug fixes to Cisco or relevant third party
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers and network support organisations
- Document entire network of corporate global offices (topology, hardware, software, etc.)
- Provide engineering recommendations and service improvement plans for the corporate network infrastructure
- Collaborate with the project managers, account managers and the network support teams for all engineering requirements
- Work with the Information Security to ensure security and compliance requirements are met and provide technical assistance for the investigation, analysis and correction of network vulnerability
- Provide housekeeping maintenance documentation
- Monitoring Assess network performance to ensure that it meets present and future needs and analyse network activity and problem trends to discover/prevent systemic errors
- Riverbed WAN accelerator knowledge
- Unified Communications knowledge / VOIP technologies not essential, ability to learn
- Exhibit strong vendor management skills
- Research, analyse and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Provide training and guidance to network support teams
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
The requirement is for a Cisco CCNP qualified engineer, with Routing and Switching or Wireless specialisations, with mid-level network engineering experience. Firewall experience would be preferred as some of the role requirement may be focused on managing Cisco ASA, Palo Alto and Checkpoint firewalls. In addition:
- A Cisco CCNA or CCNP security qualification or an equivalent vendor certification would be desirable
- Experience of Riverbed WAN acceleration devices (not mandatory)
- Experience working in a large corporate networking environment
- An ability to cross train between Cisco switching, routing, WLAN and security technologies is necessary
- Unified Communications (VOIP) knowledge would be an advantage, particularly around Skype (Microsoft) technologies
- Willingness to working regularly in London, Reading, Basingstoke and across various sites in Europe
- Comfortable working with existing European and Global Network teams (CIT network engineers, Network Design, Network Support (EO&I) and Global CIT Network Engineering teams
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.