NVQ Assessor - Construction
Job Description - Steel Fixing/Dry Lining/Passive Fire
The Skills Centre is a Training and Assessment provider specialising in Construction. Our main aim is to increase employment and training opportunities in the construction sector. If you are looking for a new challenge or a change in career and have the right skills, we can support you to become a qualified trainer and assessor. Employed positions and freelance opportunities' based on portfolio completion are available.
The purpose of the position
The main responsibilities of this role are to deliver underpinning knowledge to learners and to assess and support them to fulfil their course assessment requirements. This interaction with learners may take place in the learner’s workplace. Assessor Training can be provided for applicants with the right construction-based experience and personal skills.Experience in Steel Fixing/Formwork/Concrete Occupations/Dry Lining/ Plant Operations/Lifting Operations/Passive Fire/Work Supervision/Site Supervisor/Health and Safety/ Construction Management
- Dedicated administration team to support learners through the qualification process and aid the assessor
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Regular provision of candidates for all levels of qualification
- Opportunities for CPD
- Work from home opportunities
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Carry out assessment duties as necessary for the curriculum area(s) within which you are based and to a standard required by your manager that will best support the success of your learners.
- Organise, oversee and support assessments providing the appropriate level of feedback to each learner in order for them to make good progress on their course of study.
- Carry out assessment of learners’ practical skills and underpinning knowledge in the workplace as required and ensure that workplace visits are timely and in agreement with the employer and the learner. Record the outcomes of such assessments in detail whenever possible using Learning Assistant.
- Provide and co-ordinate appropriate tutorial support for learners and ensure that Reviews are completed to a high standard that can assist learners to be successful in their programme of study. Ensure that Learner Reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that start and end dates are accurately recorded for each learner.
- Complete Health & Safety risk assessments for each placement- meeting government body requirements.
- Liaise with the appropriate Manager and Internal Quality Assurance to report on learner progress and the quality of the provision. Take responsibility for keeping learners on track for timely completion of their qualification.
- Assist in the recruitment, induction, support and assessment of learners, as required and ensure that appropriate Information, Advice and Guidance is provided for learners and that they are enrolled onto the correct programme of study.
- Record accurately learner achievement and complete and maintain any necessary paperwork as required by The Skills Centre and the awarding body. Utilise systems for recording learner progress and outcomes as requested by your Internal Quality Assurance and Manager. This includes the use of Learning Assistant.
- Take responsibility for building a working relationship with the employer of each of your learners and regularly report to them on the performance of their staff. Use the opportunity of these relationships to generate further business opportunities and enrolments.
- Contribute to the development of learning materials, as appropriate, and liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance to establish appropriate curriculum resourcing in support of learning. Base your delivery sessions around the Learning Cycle and attend all training to improve the standards of teaching and learning at the Skills Centre
- Take responsibility for developing your professional practice as a educationalist and as a sector based professional. Undertake the appropriate CPD activity each year to ensure that you remain current in your vocational sector and in your teaching and assessment methodology.
- Attend all necessary meetings and events at The Skills Centre, Standardisation and Team meetings, Staff Development Days and specific promotional events as organised by the Marketing Team or your own team.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities wherever reasonably instructed.
Key experience, knowledge and skills
- Substantial record of work experience in the relevant field
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Effective written and verbal communication skills & interpersonal skills.
- Good organisation and presentation skills.
- The ability to manage learning situations using flexible, student centred approaches.
- An awareness of and commitment to Health & Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to use discretion and own initiative.
- A commitment to the use of IT applications.
- Having previous experience of assessing candidates and working with e-portfolio's.
Qualification and training required
- Appropriate NVQ level 2 (3 or higher preferable) professional qualifications in the curriculum area.
- Holds Assessors Award or is willing to study to achieve
- Holds teaching qualification or is willing to study to achieve a teaching qualification
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
Application deadline: 09/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £42,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Based: 3 years (Preferred)