Offshore Wind Market Director
SNC-Lavalin is a leading multi-discipline engineering consultancy, delivering major project designs and supporting operations across the UK’s critical national infrastructure, employing c.10,000 professional staff in the UK. In the Energy sector, the company has well established operations facing the Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and conventional Power sectors. In line with the UK’s ambition to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050, the company is experiencing increasing demand for its services in its well established offshore wind (OSW) market. SNC-Lavalin has over 20 years’ experience in the market, having delivered designs for some of the most challenging fixed and floating developments in the UK, Europe, and the Far East. This role presents an opportunity to steer and grow this capability, to take a pioneering role in delivering Net Zero in the UK, and maximizing opportunities across the globe in offshore wind projects.
Reporting to: UK&E Regional Director (Resources Sector)
- The over-arching objective is to take and grow the scale and capability of SNC-Lavalin’s established offshore wind (OSW) market offering, maximizing its contribution to decarbonizing the world’s energy supply.
- To develop trusted and durable relationships with clients, to deeply understand the market and client drivers and translate these into opportunities.
- To review and develop the OSW strategy, propositions and capability, steering market focused activity using resources from across all company sectors and joint ventures (e.g. Linxxon) through cross selling to access more of the addressable spend.
- Ensure the full technical capability of the Atkins/SNC Lavalin group is understood, sold and deployed to this rapidly growing sector in core countries and by following key clients to new but sustainable locations.
- To oversee business development and successful bidding to create a sustainable long-term pipeline of work.
- To direct a portfolio of projects, achieving business budgets through successful project delivery and risk management.
- To maintain and build a robust and resilient market facing organization.
- To protect and build the company market reputation for value, excellence and timely delivery.
- Deep experience and knowledge of the renewable and offshore wind sector and the ability to translate changes and developments into opportunities for the company.
- Experience in developing consultancy, engineering, owners engineer, asset management and operations and management services.
- Demonstrable client and stakeholder management skills including account management of blue-chip companies and renewables developers.
- A well-rounded leadership and management background with demonstrable experience of people management, project delivery, and business development.
- A proven track record in delivery of achieving targets and growing share of the market.
- Proven ability to develop and upsell adjacent services, building from a strong foundation in existing services.
- Take accountability for all market-based planning and activity that will include sales and margin growth, proposition development, project delivery and financial results.
- Be the ultimate decision maker on bid strategy and contracting approach activities.
- Be responsible for forecasts, budgets and target achievement.
- Be the recognized sector expert, translating changes and developments into opportunities for SNC-Lavalin. Monitor competitor activity, responding/pre-empting as required.
- Work with the Regional Director to develop market strategy and 2-year plans.
- Working with Operations ensure project delivery meets cost, time and quality objectives.
- Pioneer a team from multiple sectors and work to develop and implement sales strategy within the market.
- Actively head up the key client stakeholder engagement, opening and broadening SNC-Lavalin’s relationships.
- Ensure that SNC-Lavalin responds to create new propositions for the market and key clients. These approaches may vary between countries and client types.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key clients in the market, encouraging SNC-Lavalin to contribute to the client’s success and developing a sustainable, long term relationship.
- Develop a cross sector project execution strategy to secure and deliver ever larger projects ensuring appropriate use of resources from different sectors.
- Drive growth in market share, identifying and engaging with new target clients.
- Proactively identify and develop cross selling opportunities/propositions across the Atkins/SNC Lavalin group.
- Develop SNC-Lavalin’s brand and reputation, stimulating the market with insights, thought leadership and innovation.
- Be an ambassador for the business; attending and speaking at relevant events, where appropriate.
- Developing alliances and partnerships that drive significant growth in this area.
- Deep knowledge of the OSW market with a clear view of upcoming opportunities to capitalise on in the short, medium and long term.
- Ability to analyze market potential, and position SNC-Lavalin as a partner and supplier through a reputation for excellence, problem solving and quality of delivery.
- A hard working and flexible person, who is a team player, possessing great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
- A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to build and motivate multi-cultural teams based in the US, UK, Middle East and India.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi- discipline team.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring members of the team.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
- Under normal operations, available to travel across the UK and work away from home, potentially including periods overseas on assignments.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification
This is an exciting time for Atkins, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the UK and Europe. There will be opportunities to develop your skills and experience in the UK working across all our clients and also for international travel as part of the wider global business.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our vision is to be the premier engineering solutions’ partner for our clients, delivering complex projects from vision to reality for a sustainable lifespan. We are continuously transforming to be number one on the market, and are looking for ingenious minds to share our ambition.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in virtually every region of the world and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Please refer to our Rewards and Benefits page for details on our full benefits package https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.