We are looking for an experienced Operational Buyer to be the operational lead in managing relevant category activities locally - internally (local stakeholders) as well as externally (local supply partners). The Operational Buyer will support the Category Managers in shaping their strategies by feeding in local stakeholder requirements as well as local industry/supply market expertise. The key objective will be to translate the category strategy into a local context by supporting local implementation and sourcing efforts as appropriate and agreed with CMs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining local relationships with (strategic) suppliers. Operational Buyer develops those relationships on behalf of JLL and Integral being mindful of long-term mutually beneficial and ethical objectives as well as ensuring that suppliers adhere to agreed SLAs and KPIs. The Operational Buyer will lead local/client-related procurement projects and provide expert advice and guidance to local/client stakeholders. They will also be the local/client ‘ambassador' of best practice, usage of available technology (e-sourcing), innovation and initiatives across the stakeholder community and optimizes the cost and quality of our services
Location: Flexible - anywhere in UK
Working hours: Mon-Fri standard working hours
Salary: Dependent on experience
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for local category strategy execution and supplier performance across relevant categories as well as other Integral / JLL entities if required.
- Delivery of financial targets in line with business expectations. Operational Buyer continuously drives the local/client project opportunity agenda and self-sufficiently identifies, agrees and executes these projects in alignment with CM.
- Accountable for local/client sourcing solution for specific commodity/service requirements, RFP/quotation management, bid analysis and recommendations, liaison with internal/external stakeholders for contract approvals, savings reporting, documentation and compliance.
- Rationalizes supply base and develops local/client supply partner framework and maintains this framework at operational supplier level.
- Supplier Relationship Management tools applied to manage relationship with Integral preferred supply base. Act as the local/client issue resolution point and reviews performance regularly at least 4 times a year for local/client core supply base with relevant action plans and outcomes thoroughly documented
- Working with Procurement technology (Jagger, Spend 360, etc.) in place, to document sourcing projects and maintain contracts data base for the category.
- Prepare high quality papers and presentations for use with internal and external stakeholders and/or teams as required
- Apply ethical company standards and ensure Global Procurement policy is always applied
- To lead and manage RFPs /quotations as required for relevant client and Integral / JLL entities.
- Support the Category Managers and other relevant stakeholders on Transition and Mobilization projects.
- Savings - working with CMs and key suppliers to ensure savings initiatives ideas are being driven locally to maximize savings impacts
- Ensure that the savings tracker across is kept up to date for the category so that we can demonstrate value add to our internal/external stakeholders
- Qualities check data and make recommendations on improvements to data quality/format
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience:
- 3 to 5 years in similar position
- Deep understanding of sourcing process and commercial supplier environment
- Sourcing procedures and protocols – particularly for services contracts
- Experience working with suppliers across the EMEA region and/or globally if required
- Development of mutually beneficial supplier relationships
- University or related degree
- CIPS or Country Equivalent
- Medium degree of flexibility for local/regional travel (20% - 30%) if and when required
- Highly developed proficiency in sourcing processes
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to analyze financial information, understand the business context and extract key facts to deliver improvement and opportunities
- Problem Solver – ability to identify and resolve issues with speed
- High efficiency - organizational skills
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced presentational skills
- Excellent Inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in Office tools
About Integral & JLL
We're Integral, part of JLL. We're a Facilities and Maintenance firm based across the UK. We work with organisations in Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric works with engineers nationwide to deliver engineering excellence for our clients. The Integral family are the Largest mobile hard services provider in the UK.
If you're looking to step up your career, Integral and JLL are the perfect professional home. At Integral and JLL, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game changing facilities and maintenance initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at Integral and JLL!
What you can expect from us
You'll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences.
Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where Integral and JLL can take you...