Organisation Effectiveness Manager
-Join us in this new and exciting role.
The role encompasses supporting the Group Head of OE and the Group Heads of the sub-disciplines in designing and supporting the Business Units in a significant project embedding the principles and tools of the Org Model into the way we all work and lead. The role can be viewed as a pathway to a future role of higher complexity.
People are at the heart of our business and HR in Anglo American seeks to provide the Group with a capable and engaged workforce within a culture that fosters safety, inclusion, innovation and performance. In this we will create a sustainable competitive advantage for our organisation.
We're looking for talented professionals to deliver specialist functions in Organisation Effectiveness. If you have the relevant skills and experience and share our values and our belief in a better future for mining, we'd like to hear from you.
- Support the delivery of the business purpose and ambition through the design of the right work and structures to support streamlining the business and achievement of the business purpose and ambition
- Working with BUs to ensure that the organisation model principles and standards are known and applied across the organisation
- Working with the Communications team design the communication programme relating to the standards and requirements of the Org Model
- Support the learning development activities and development of the programme to deliver for different stakeholder groups
- Provide project management and SME advice for developing HR excellence in people systems, design of work, roles and structures and supporting the developing of HR discipline capability frameworks and links to identification of potential and development options.
- Support team leaders to have the knowledge of the org model concepts, principles and tools and application to their work.
This role is a Band 5 and reports to Group Head of Organisation Effectiveness.
-Undergraduate degree in social sciences / business management
- Relevant postgraduate qualification
- The application of the concepts and principles of defining work, roles and matching capability of people to these
- The application of the Organisation model concepts and principles to inform the design of the people systems and OE programmes
- Taking a project from concept to implementation and change management
- Project management, incl. identifying structuring, allocating, and management of work packages across project activities
- Data analysis and management for decision-making
- People skills needed to ensure effective interactions with other people to achieve productive outcomes and build effective relationships.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with stakeholders, by use of effective listening and questioning to better understand the other person or group
- Understands how to influence or negotiate with others, to achieve productive outcomes
- Can effectively balance positive interactions with getting the work done
- The drive, determination, persistence, and commitment to apply the other elements of capability to complete safe, sustainable productive work.
-Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – Diamonds (through De Beers), Copper, Platinum and other precious metals, Iron Ore and Nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of the process.
The closing date for this advert is the 12th March 2021