Paid Search Executive
MediaCom – Search Executive
Overview of Job
Opportunity to work on one of the most recognised UK brands in the direct-to-consumer insurance market, with multi-million-pound budgets, and an enthusiastic team motivated to drive performance. As a market leader, we focus on achieving profitability whilst employing the latest in automation and data analysis, making our approach to measurement world-class.
We are looking for a Paid Search Executive who will be responsible for the day to day account management, optimisation and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
The Paid Search Executive will be numerate and analytical, as well as administratively competent with strong attention to detail. They will be motivated to develop a solid knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They will have basic knowledge of other digital media channels and how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Team Manager with the team being led by an Associate Director.
Best things about the job:
The opportunity to work on clients who invest in both offline and digital media.
- An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach.
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns, and has fun along the way.
- Ample scope to be proactive, because we love entrepreneurial people who bring us their own ideas and show how driven they are.
- Be part of an award-winning search team with a client that is an industry leader.
- Excellent training opportunities.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Fully mastered daily & weekly reporting and an established optimisation routine that provides the best opportunity for performance improvements.
- Developed strong relationships with the relevant internal stakeholders.
In six months, you would have:
- Ownership on areas of an account, including optimising, reporting and finance side of account management.
- Proposed short- and long-term projects to develop the search activity and deliver improved performance.
- Worked closely with internal teams to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses. Developed strong relationships with the relevant external stakeholders.
In 12 months, you would have:
- A complete understanding of the clients’ businesses and the ability to shape search strategy according to both business needs and the market as a whole.
- Become an extension of the clients’ digital teams, providing added value across paid search and beyond.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Full support from the Planner Buyers, Senior Planner Buyers, Team Manager and Associate Director with search insights, tests, and innovation.
- Full training and development plan, reviewed every month.
Client and Internal Communication
- Responsible for the day to day management, optimisation and reporting of paid search campaigns to deliver client growth, and efficiency targets.
- Day to day communication (such as support of weekly calls and status meetings) with the clients and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the guidance of the team lead.
- Ability to give account recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
Experience and Knowledge
- No prior paid search specialist experience required
- Ambition to become a paid search specialist
- Strong analytical skills and enthusiasm to work with data
- Good knowledge of Excel is beneficial
- Passionate and able to manage their time effectively
Technology and Systems
- Quick learner who can operate conversion tracking and analytical systems such as Search Ads 360 or Google Analytics
- Keen to understand and learn about tools and technology
What you will need:
- Ability to give performance recommendations, from quick wins to long term projects
- Accurate, clear and concise communication (written and verbal)
- Aptitude to handle the financial side of account management
- A keen interest in understanding the client’s business and the challenges they face
- Strong attention to detail
- Passionate about all things digital, and motivated to learn
- A real team player
- Positive attitude
- Professional behaviour
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/