PgCM Product Owner
a month ago
Located in either: United Kingdom, Middle East, or Europe
Introducing Arcadis Gen
Are you interested in joining a start up with bold global ambitions, that already has the backing of, a €3+ billion revenue, 27000+ person organisation operating in over 70 countries, that has deep market sector insights in collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services?
We are creating a new entity focused upon accelerating the investment and development of digital solutions which support the asset lifecycle and will position Arcadis as a digital front runner in the fields of digitized asset management, cities and mobility. Our focus is upon accelerating our ability to bring highly scalable digital propositions quickly and seamlessly to both existing and new Arcadis clients across the globe.
We have a clear vision that will enable us to rapidly scale our existing digital capabilities and innovate based on the identified underserved demand in the market, by creating industry leading products, platforms and solutions. Our strategy to become more digitally focused has already seen the acquisition of two digital asset management companies to build on our existing digital capabilities from the Arcadis technology division, all of which will form the foundations of this new digital entity.
1. The Opportunity – Envisioning Future Trajectory
Arcadis Gen is developing a Programme & Cost Management (PgCM) Platform which will revolutionise the way that projects, portfolios and programmes are managed, bringing much greater clarity, efficiency and value than any existing digital management tool. The Product Owner will be pivotal to the succes of the PgCM Platform.
The Product Owner is responsible for achieving the vision for the PgCM Platform. Working closely and collaboratively with customer facing and technical colleagues, the Product Owner will identify and prioritise the features and functions of the platform to ensure that customer desirability, commercial viability and technical feasibilty are balanced throughout the development process. Using agile development techniques, the Product Owner will ensure that development velocity is matched to the demands of the market.
The PgCM Platform has significant strategic importance both for Arcadis Gen, and Arcadis. As a result, the Product Owner will have ample opportuntity to grow and develop their skills and experience as the platform itself develops. In addition, it the role provides a great opportunity to build a strong personal profile with senior stakeholders in both organisations.
Core responsibilities include:
Product Roadmap ownership: Building, sharing and maintaining the development roadmap for the PgCM platform. Ensuring that the roadmap balances desirability, viability and feasibility, and that it evolves with emerging market intelligence.
Backlog ownership: Building, sharing and maintaining the backlog of proritised work activities required to ensure that the PgCM platform progresses along the roadmap. Prioritisation of the backlog is a key part of the Product Owner’s resposibility as it defines the sequence of agile sprints that the techhnical team will work to.
Driving development velocity: Lead and motivate the Scrum Master and Architecture Owner to deliver against the programme of agile sprints.
Support sales & marketing activity: Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing teams to equip them with the product knowledge, insights and value statements that will make the PgCM Plaform a compelling proposition. This will include supporting face-face meetings with current and prospective customers.
Bring broader industry insights to the PgCM platform: Keep a “watching brief” on industry, customer and competitor signals that can inform the future roadmap for the PgCM platform. Share this knowledge freely with the broader Gen Strategy, Ecosystem and Product domains to ensure a unified approach.
Exemplify collaborative behaviours: The succesful development of the PgCM platform requries seamless collaboration across the multidisciplinary teams within Gen, and with the Global Programme Management team within Arcadis. The Product Owner will need to be a role-model of exemplar collaborative behaviours
2. Key Deliverables
- The PgCM Platform Roadmap, and its ongoing development.
- The prioritized Backlog required to achieve the Roadmap.
- A rolling schedule of agile sprints to progress technical development.
- A motivated and high-performing development team
- Sales and marketing support, as required.
- Compete clarity of product vision and status across all stakeholders within Arcadis Gen and Arcadis
3. Key Relationships, Collaborations and Connections
- This role sits within the Product and Technology Domain, and as such will report functionally to the Chief Product Officer, with a supplementary reporting line to the PgCM Mission Lead who has overall accountability for the market launch of the PgCM Platform.
- On a day-to-day basis, the Product Owner will lead the technical delivery team, with key reports being the Scrum Master and the Architecture Owner.
- The Product Owner will collaborate closely with the Arcadis Gen Regional Sales leads, and Customer Success Managers to ensure that the PgCM platform is positioned appropriately with existing and prospective customers, and that Customer Experience feedback is fed into the Roadmap.
- The Product Owner will collaborate closely with the Arcadis Global Programme Management community to ensure that the PgCM platform forms an integral part of the digitisation of programme management across Arcadis.
4. What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will be subject matter expert in project, programme and portfolio management, with insight into how digitization and a platform approach can bring benefit. They will have good knowledge and understanding of existing digital toolsets on the market and be able to identify and communicate what makes the Arcadis Gen PgCM platform different and better.
Experience in a software development environment would be beneficial but not essential for the right candidate who is willing and hungry to be coached around this element of the role. Similarly, experience in the built environment sectors would be beneficial but not essential.
Beyond that we are looking for someone who displays the following characteristics:
- A track record of outstanding achievement throughout their career.
- The ability to take complex and nuanced issues and communicate them in a clear and compelling way which removes ambiguity and misunderstanding.
- A growth mindset: energised by new and different challenges, and keen to learn and develop. Responds well to coaching.
- Instinctively collaborative.
- Confident in having an open and honest exchange of opinions with colleagues, always adopting a respectful and supportive tone in such debates. At ease with changing their view when the evidence is there.
5. Who Are We?
At Gen we have a mantra which is to be Bold, Agile and to deliver Accelerated Growth, this focuses our efforts and defines the way in which we will deliver to the market.
Our spirit, makes us unique, binds us together and sits at the very essence of who we are and how we ‘show’ up.
- Our fear of failure is mitigated by a thirst for positive disruption.
- We demonstrate intellectual humility – we can admit we are wrong and may change our options often, when new information or insights come to hand.
- We value talent, skill & knowledge but prize agility and adaptability above all else.
- We are optimists believing that we can and we will always find a way…..mindset matters.
We are motivated and driven by:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be inventive and free from tight organizational constraints.
- A desire to learn and grow, to push and challenge ourselves and to test the limits of our potential.
- To attempt the extraordinary, motivated to achieve even in the face of set back or obstacle.
- To collaborate, pursuing shared rather than individual goals, believing that we do our best work when we default to ‘open’ rather than ‘closed’.
- Playing a role on the global stage, leading and influencing the future of our industry and sector and by deeply understanding the needs of our clients.
Leadership at Gen
Leadership at Gen is not based on principles of power and control but rather on encouraging self-determination, experimentation and creativity. Our leaders actively:
- Encourage experimentation: The role of a leader is not to reduce risks or prevent failures, but to create an environment resilient enough to take these risks and handle the missteps.
- Instill trust: Silos are the enemy of agility, to be truly agile requires foundations built on trust, discipline and single-minded focus, collaboration and transparency are essential to success.
- Cultivate diversity of thought: Believe that different views, healthy debate and respectful conflict are good things, they are the catalysts for creativity & will fuel our innovation
Who is Arcadis
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are a multi-billion business that employees 27,000+ people globally. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on merit and business need.